Science Fiction modeling in general
http://www.keeperoftheforce.com/

Is a Star Wars centered board that is also a phpBB group board so will look very familiar to Big Blue folk.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Just in from the mailbox,

I have a book/cd set of paper robots to print and assemble, included on the cd are some background elements that would make some neat displays for Sci-Fi models. All objects come in pre colored pdf and line drawings that can be customized with photo shop or similar software.
Here is a Photo inventory of SCI-FI kits on my waiting to tear into shelf Icon_lol

and a couple more.................

Here is a Babylon 5 Star fury fresh off the 3D printer and it printed out perfect on the first try 2285_ 2285_ 2285_

I found the file on Thingaverse a website to upload and download 3D files, just have to make sure to read the licensees as not all designs are free but most are as long as you are not using others designs for commercial gain.

Star Fleet Battle Cruiser USS Firestone NCC 8600

Command Cruiser USS Navarone NCC 2001 under construction.

Battleship USS Kodiak NCC 8000

These are all kitbashed from existing Star Trek kits ( Enterprise, and Reliant ), the Battleship's secondary hull, and warp nacelles are scratchbuilt.
----------------------------------------------------------
Finnally, another, "flight of fancy kitbash"
"unidentified X100" a pure "out of the mind of Sci Fi" kit-scratch-bash...

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
I just a few days ago got a catalog in the mail from Squadron the have a model kit from Mobius of the original Battle star Galactica from the original series, they want $66.94 and msrp is $69.99 mentioned a series of same scale ships of the fleet, so may be new kits coming out as well. I am trying real hard to talk myself out of buying the kit at least for awhile.

Spring cleaning has put a slowdown to all modeling projects, mom has not asked yet but she may want the walls in her house painted they need it bad, she also needs new carpet might as well paint then get the new carpet Thumbsup And I have some minor issues with my house as well(plumbing and need to work on front of garage it needs some new siding)
All of those are nice but I like the last one the best.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:All of those are nice but I like the last one the best.

This is one of my favorites: The "smaller" vessel is the kit of the original Star Trek "Enterprise"
The phoenix is 49 inches long, and "loosely" based on the original "Galactica"

The scale of "the phoenix" is 1:412, she is 1,680 feet long. The "fighters" in her land/launch bays are ( 1.625" ), or 56 feet long, Their "wing" span is 50 Feet.
Does that make the Phoenix about 5 feet long? Eek If so where to you keep it?
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Does that make the Phoenix about 5 feet long? Eek If so where to you keep it?

Nope Wink as stated the "Phoenix" is 49".......or, 4' - 1". It sits on top of an old computer desk, up in the spare bedroom.
Looking at the photo, ... just forward of the aft "land/launch" bay, the rectangular structures at the tips of the "wings", are pairs of plastic Tic Tac containers, glued open end to open end. The bays themselves are "Competition Dart boxes"
The "bit" behind the dish antenna, under the forward part of the ship, is another Tic Tac box, and the small "reactors" on the port and starboard bow, are Ping Pong balls.
Sumpter250 Wrote:Nope Wink as stated the "Phoenix" is 49".......or, 4' - 1". It sits on top of an old computer desk, up in the spare bedroom.
Looking at the photo, ... just forward of the aft "land/launch" bay, the rectangular structures at the tips of the "wings", are pairs of plastic Tic Tac containers, glued open end to open end. The bays themselves are "Competition Dart boxes"
The "bit" behind the dish antenna, under the forward part of the ship, is another Tic Tac box, and the small "reactors" on the port and starboard bow, are Ping Pong balls.

That's amazing!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Worship Thumbsup Worship Thumbsup Worship
Waveof7
Mike

As soon as I complete some railroad projects I am going to tackle the enterprise bridge diorama kit(reproduction kit).
AF350 Wrote:As soon as I complete some railroad projects I am going to tackle the enterprise bridge diorama kit(reproduction kit).
Post some progress shots, this should prove interesting.