Show us your scratch built flat car loads
Great thread!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
The pipe load is made from an off-brand of Q-tips.

[Image: 100_2466.jpg]

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
doctorwayne Wrote:Looks like a good product, Kurt, but the $19.95 shipping charge sorta made me lose interest....until I discovered that shipping is free within the U.S. Thumbsup

Now all I gotta do is find out when flat metal banding came into common useage. Misngth

A quick google search showed patents related to metal banding dating back at least to 1912, probably good enough to ensure its use during the '30s. 2285_

Wayne
Mary says you can buy the nail tape locally pretty darned cheap, and she should know. We have grandkids that do nail art.
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:Mary says you can buy the nail tape locally pretty darned cheap, and she should know. We have grandkids that do nail art.
Charlie

Oh, well, I guess I'm just too fast on the "BUY IT!" button. Wallbang Misngth Supposedly it'll be in your mailbox on Thursday, and just by chance, I may be in your neighbourhood. Icon_lol

Wayne
[Image: 923.jpg]

[Image: DSC00883.jpg]

[Image: DSC01802.jpg]

[Image: DSC01797.jpg]
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
I like the look of those loads, Tom, but it would be a lot easier to load and unload, especially the steel plate, if you had blocking underneath them. Thin plate steel can be handled with a magnet, but it's fairly difficult to control both the number that are picked up at one time and to keep them straight.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:I like the look of those loads, Tom, but it would be a lot easier to load and unload, especially the steel plate, if you had blocking underneath them. Thin plate steel can be handled with a magnet, but it's fairly difficult to control both the number that are picked up at one time and to keep them straight.

Wayne

I wanted to, that was the plan but the prototype said otherwise and I modeled it that way
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:
doctorwayne Wrote:I like the look of those loads, Tom, but it would be a lot easier to load and unload, especially the steel plate, if you had blocking underneath them. Thin plate steel can be handled with a magnet, but it's fairly difficult to control both the number that are picked up at one time and to keep them straight.

Wayne

I wanted to, that was the plan but the prototype said otherwise and I modeled it that way

Kinda hard to argue with that. Wink Misngth

Wayne