HO Scale Lifeboats (and some larger vessels, too)
It’s taken a while but I’ve finally got the two smaller cowl ventilators made. I thought I had some scrap 3/16” copper tube, but I didn’t. On a work trip to the next town south I managed to get time to call into the LHS and bought some brass tube instead and also some more brass rod as I had completely miscalculated how much railing there is to be made.

Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
It's been a while but finally the shell of the wheelhouse.

Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Some things just take time Wink

Looks Good ! Thumbsup Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Some things just take time

Yeah!!! 357 The trouble was that I was starting to suffer "Lack of Model Railroading Withdrawal Symptoms" , so it was nice to get something under way again. Had hoped to do more today but w*@K got in the way. Icon_lol
Cheers, the Bear. Big Grin
Looks better in situ, even if I say so myself.

Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
Looks fantastic from my chair too Thumbsup
Reinhard
Cheers

Wayne
"All ahead one third, turns for fifteen knots, steady on course"
Thumbsup Cheers Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Thank you, Gentlemen for your kind words.
I managed to get some of the detail work done.

Why is it that every time I dry fit ever thing to see if it is going to work, apart from perhaps a little fettling, everything goes just fine until I decide to pick up the soldering iron or more particularly the adhesive. Then nothing seems to fit, the stanchions are too big for their holes, or I can’t see the holes, and then I manage to get the glue, or so;der, everywhere apart from the surfaces I want to bond. Wallbang  Do others suffer from this problem?
Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
JaBear,

The joys of modeling! As others have said a very skilled and great build. Thumbsup

Bruce
JaBear Wrote:Had hoped to do more today but w*@K got in the way. Icon_lol Cheers, the Bear. Big Grin

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted WORK , is also a "four letter word" Wink Goldth
Pushing my abilities. Seeing what will visually work and if it actually does.

Any suggestions, advise, ideas will be carefully considered.
Thanks for looking,
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
"pushing your abilities", is part of the learning process.
As modeled, each of those engine order telegraphs control two engines. Unless your vessel has four, you will only need one telegraph. the right hand handle for the starboard ( or fore )engine, the left handle for the port ( or aft engine ) engine.
You've done well soldering the railings.....I know how much fun they can be. Icon_twisted Wink :o Big Grin
Sumpter250 Wrote:"pushing your abilities", is part of the learning process.
Yeah, but is it fun!!! 357  357
The following is taken from “The Great Lakes Car Ferries” by George W. Hilton.
"Manitowoc." “Engines: Four fore and aft compound, 24” + 50” X 36”, 5200 HP.
                  Boilers: Six Scotch 13’9” x 11’6”, 160 pounds pressure."
Though the “Detroit” was built some 22 years earlier, I presume that the external view was similar to this........
https://www.shorpy.com/node/15756
Cheers, the Bear. Smile
B - I - N - G - O !!!! Icon_lol Guess I won't be "questioning your research", you obviously have done it well.
That said, now I am looking forward to seeing even more amazing bits ( no pun intended ) of detail. Cheers