Give 'em a foot...
[Image: NewcrewsfortheGrandValley002.jpg]

...and there's a chance they'll take 'em both! Eek

[Image: NewcrewsfortheGrandValley005.jpg]

There's a limited choice when it comes to crew members for model locomotives, and many of the ones available don't always fit that well, especially into the cab of a steam locomotive. Of the figures below, only the guy in the foreground (in the coveralls and with no legs) and the guy leaning on the lead ingot (with his back to the camera) are intended as cab occupants, and both are from LaBelle.

[Image: NewcrewsfortheGrandValley010.jpg]

The heavy-set guy at left is of unknown parentage, but I found him in a bag of undecorated figures on the "used" table at my LHS. The other fellow with no legs (and half of his bum missing, too) is from Atlas, while the remaining two are twins from Revell, with the one at right having his right arm re-positioned, and a left arm transplanted from another donor. Here's another bunch of the same figures showing how they looked originally:

[Image: NewcrewsfortheGrandValley031.jpg]

...and here are the new hires at work:

[Image: NewcrewsfortheGrandValley023.jpg]

[Image: NewcrewsfortheGrandValley021.jpg]

[Image: NewcrewsfortheGrandValley018.jpg]

[Image: NewcrewsfortheGrandValley019.jpg]

Now, everybody knows that I'm not a real doctor, so don't be afraid to try these operations at home, folks.

Wayne
Nicely done!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
A little gruesome but nice work! Goldth Those steam cabs sure look good with engineers in them!
"doctorwayne" wrote: Give 'em a foot...and there's a chance they'll take 'em both!" Eek
[Image: NewcrewsfortheGrandValley005.jpg]
Wasn't that a movie ? .......ahhhhh, oh yes,------------------------ "Footloose" Icon_twisted
" The other fellow with no legs (and half of his bum missing, too) is from Atlas."
------------HE, is not slow, Wink Wink HE is half fast ! Icon_twisted Icon_twisted :o
Now, everybody knows that I'm not a real doctor, so don't be afraid to try these operations at home, folks.
Wayne

I'm not sure about that last claim, looks like the work of Dr. "Frankenwayne" to me :o Icon_twisted 357 357 357
"Kidding" over, yes, there are times where we have to "modify" figures one way or another to be able to use them in a model scene.
The woman in the red dress at the bar, and the one in the white top, talking to the two crew members, standing at the top of the stairs coming up from the main deck, are the same figure. The one in the white, had both arms modified, so she could hold a small tray ( not seen )

Most of these figures were simply re-dressed, and painted. some had a little "Squadron putty" hair added.... :o some, had hair removed !!!! I believe the "Barber" of Seville, was on-board for that cruise. Icon_twisted Wink Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
...and here are the new hires at work:
I take it that the labour unions are pretty relaxed about the treatment of the workers up your way. Wink
Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
I think it's wonderful that the Grand Valley is hiring amputees. It gives them a sense of purpose. Of course, it was the Grand Valley that caused them to be like this, but let's not get in the way of good publicity.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.