Trains on this day in the past:
Former US Navy Baldwin VO-1000, owned by the United Railroad Historical Society,  and painted as Baltimore and Ohio 412.  It is leased to the SMS Rail Service at Bridgeport, NJ. 6/7/10.

Bruce

Ten years ago---6/7/2013.

6/7/1975. Just west of Leetonia, Ohio. Three trains were involved the report from the NTSB is Here

Charlie
1070 West through Jeanette, PA on 6-7-2020.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

June 8, 1977 East Palestine, Ohio.     
Charlie
6/9/2007 inside our caboose on the Kiski Junction.                                    
Charlie
Be a shame to take that car out on the line and dis-arrange everything.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
(06-09-2023, 07:34 PM)BR60103 Wrote: Be a shame to take that car out on the line and dis-arrange everything.

We ran it 6 days a week. Many times we stopped returning from switching the mill and had lunch in the woods. the guys loved having beef stew in the caboose. Good old days
Charlie
June, 1977 East bound at McKinley Road, Big Beaver Township, Beaver County, Pa.     
Charlie
Two real buddies, 14 years ago today at Schenley, Pa.     
Charlie
Hello Charlie---thanks for posting this picture---it brought back some great memories of my first trip to your hometown back in 2009---hard to believe that was 14 years ago---the year I retired as well.More than anything it was the beginning of an on-going friendship that was created.
(06-11-2023, 08:29 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: Hello Charlie---thanks for posting this picture---it brought back some great memories of my first trip to your hometown back in 2009---hard to believe that was 14 years ago---the year I retired as well.More than anything it was the beginning of an on-going friendship that was created.

Yeah, nuthin' like havin' a coupala Canuckleheads tryin' to get a free ride, eh!

Wayne
We sure had lots of free rides

Southern RR of NJ pulling stone cars out of the interchange with Conrail at Winslow, NJ, June 1992.

Bruce

Great photo Bruce. We looked at a couple locomotives that were stored on the SRNJ in 2001and had the opportunity to ride with them when they made a stone delivery. Steve Kerr was the engineer. He seemed to be a pretty nice fellow.

My picture for today was taken of an eastbound at McKinley Road, Big Beaver Township, Beaver County, Pa. about 1.5 track miles east of New Galilee, Pa. June, 1977.    
Charlie