We need MORE room!!!
Mikey as I was drooling over your photos and beginning to turn somewhat green with envy, I noticed something. The distance between your two layouts is getting closer and closer. The Devil's Advocate popped an idea into my head; what about a helix or two to join the two layouts? Failing that how about a train elevator? I guess it depends upon what gradients both up and down your locos and equipment can handle. Not to mention what you and your construction crew can handle.
Mark
Loved the pvc pipe cross arm "pole".
Ive heard of trolls under bridges, but cats on bridges?
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mr Fixit Wrote:Mikey as I was drooling over your photos and beginning to turn somewhat green with envy, I noticed something. The distance between your two layouts is getting closer and closer. The Devil's Advocate popped an idea into my head; what about a helix or two to join the two layouts? Failing that how about a train elevator? I guess it depends upon what gradients both up and down your locos and equipment can handle. Not to mention what you and your construction crew can handle.
Mark
Loved the pvc pipe cross arm "pole".
Ive heard of trolls under bridges, but cats on bridges?
We thought of it... But it would be too steep and it would take up way too much room Sad Sad
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
How about a train elevator then? Might be the safer way to transfer locos and cars between levels rather than balancing on a step ladder while holding an expensive item?
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mr Fixit Wrote:How about a train elevator then? Might be the safer way to transfer locos and cars between levels rather than balancing on a step ladder while holding an expensive item?
Mark
The ceiling isn't that high.. i have to duck a bit to get under the hanging section. We just leave that train alone, so there's no reason to swap out cars. any kind of elevator or helix would hide too much of the scenery on the lower level Sad

We have 2 sidings on the lower level so we can swap cars and or trains, so we're happy with it.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Wow,

Never seen a pic of the whole layout to just now. Looks fun. Thumbsup
AF350 Wrote:Wow,

Never seen a pic of the whole layout to just now. Looks fun. Thumbsup
It is neat Smile We have the ability to run 4 trains and the trolley.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75