Coffee mug auction
Yes, here we are one month into our fifth anniversary and we haven't auctioned off anything yet. We have our chance now since Charlie B won this coffee mug in the last photo contest and donated it right back to Big Blue for this auction to help support these forums. A most generous offer, and we really appreciate the gesture Charlie. Thumbsup Thumbsup

Anyway, here's our very first coffee cup auction. It has our fifth anniversary logo on it and will be something you can use every day or proudly display it in your train room. Here are the rules:

1. There is no minimum bid and no reserve, the highest bidder at the time the auction closes will get the mug.
  2. Please keep your bid raises in increments of fifty cents or more.
  3. You can bid by posting it in this thread. Send a PM to either ezdays or ngauger if you have any questions.
  4. If you want to enter an anonymous bid (just like the rich and famous do), you can PM either ezdays or ngauger and we will bid on your behalf.
  5. The auction will run until Valentine's Day, February 14th, at which time we will announce the winner.
  6. We will add a flat rate of $5.00 for shipping to any US or Canadian address, and calculate postage to other countries.
  7. Payment can be by PayPal, check or MO. We will give the winner instructions on how and where to pay.

Remember, 100% of the proceeds from this auction is to help keep Big Blue running, so we are depending on you for your support and hope to give something like this in return.

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I will start this one off at $7.50

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
I'll bid $9 for the mug.. Does it come filled with coffee? If it does, I may bid higher......

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
Chuck Wrote:I'll bid $9 for the mug.. Does it come filled with coffee? If it does, I may bid higher......

Chuck
Decaf, we don't want you to hurt yourself. 357 357 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I'll make it $10 to keep it interesting.
I'm going to give it an extra boost and make it $11, like my favorite "11 amp." If you don't get the joke, here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
12 bucks puts it in my corner...
Gus (LC&P).
Come on guys, the Gauge needs a new pair of shoes..I make it $13
Charlie
I need another mug too, $15 Big Grin
Reinhard
Thing is...I love coffee! $16.00
[Image: coffee1.jpg]
$17.00, more if it comes with moonshine in it.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Tyson Rayles Wrote:$17.00, more if it comes with moonshine in it.
We would do just that, but we would have to check your ID first. We don't want to lose our moonshine license... 357 357 Cheers

Oh, and thank you for you bid, we appreciate everyone's participation. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
$20, but you've got to throw in that fabled KitKat we've heard of, but never seen. Wink

Andrew
I think I will kick this up a little to make it more interesting. With coffee the price it is it should be served in a classy cup...$25 is my bid

Charlie
MasonJar Wrote:$20, but you've got to throw in that fabled KitKat we've heard of, but never seen. Wink

Andrew
Since you've never seen a fabled Kit-Kat, we could tell you that this mug was filled to the brim with them and you wouldn't know the difference. Nope

So yeah, just imagine that we will fill the mug with whatever your mind can conjure up, fabled Kit-Kat's, top-of-the-line moonshine, 100-year old fine wine, Reese's Pieces, whatever it is you wish, just pretend it's there. 357 357

Seriously though, we are heartened by the amount of bidding here, we all know that the proceeds go to a good cause, and we thank you all... Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and