Go get the wrecker
LOVE that last series Charlie! Thanks!
This one was March 31 of 1976,  Last day of PC I think. I took these with an instamatic camera so not much quality.  The house here did not fare as well  as the one in the derailment Steve pictured.  New Galilee, Pa.  My daughter 15 years later married the nephew of the folks that lost their home. His uncle was asleep on the car when the hoppers came knocking on the door.  The other half of the duplex survived the wreck and lasted many more years.                                
Charlie
wow :o That Gon is bent up like a pretzel.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
The goal is to get the line open ASAP so they spare no mercy on a car that is any way near a total loss.
Hulcher's Vultures didn't come by that nickname just because it rhymes. Goldth
Charlie
This happened in East Palestine before I moved here. It happened March 1, 1970. The pictures were given to me by a friend that died about 15 years ago.                                         Charlie
I'll bet there was a big "scratch and dent" sale on at the car dealerships after that wreck Eek
I was told that there was tough competition in the car parts business locally. Icon_lol
Charlie
I'm stealing this paragraph from the NTSB and we all paid for it so it is ours...
About 11:00 p.m. on June 6, 1975, three freight trains of the Penn Central Transportation Company (PC) were involved in a collision near Leetonia, Ohio. Extra 6330 West collided with the rear of standing Extra 2278 West. Immediately thereafter, Extra 6259 East, which was on an adjacent track, struck the wrecked cars from the other two trains. One employee was killed and seven others were injured. Property damage amounted to about $1.25 million. The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of this accident was the failure of the engineer and brakeman to assure the operation of the train at a speed slow enough to stop it within the visibility range. This violated the restricted speed rule required by the signal indication. Recommendations were made concerning operating rules and the use of radios.

The pictures are mine, (instamatic was all I had)                    
Charlie
Five more                    
Charlie
And the last Two.        
Charlie
Eek Eek Nope Eek Eek
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Good Lord, what a mess! I wonder if the fatality was in 6072. Awful.
This one is hard to understand. There is an uphill grade from Leetonia to Salem and the first train stalled. Leetonia tower was 2.5 miles west. The following train had a Stop and proceed signal, and there was an operator on duty at the tower, They missed at least 2 signals. I think the fatality was in the caboose of the first train. This would have been about an hour before the eastbound Broadway Limited was due. At the time they could have sent him Bayard branch if they knew the extent of the accident in time. That cut off was in Alliance and would have required a backup move, but quite do-able. If the train was still west o Fairhope it would just be a normal move to enter the Branch.
Charlie
these have been posted before, but they do apply here.

[Image: 100_0520.jpg]

[Image: 100_0522.jpg]

[Image: 100_0516.jpg]

[Image: 100_0524.jpg]

[Image: 100_0527.jpg]
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
Great crowd control Les.
Charlie