Go get the wrecker
Cool pics Cheers You seldom see live steam being separated from it's tender.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Ouuuch!
The rerailing is the easier part. With the help of the "Deutschland" device the technical act is done within app. a hour.
But the administrative act. Eek
Tons of Formulare (forms) have to be filled, offical letters to be sent and about 50 Bundesbahn Verwaltungsbeamte (adminstrative officers) are fully employed with this derailing.

Lutz K
Schraddel Wrote:Ouuuch!
The rerailing is the easier part. With the help of the "Deutschland" device the technical act is done within app. a hour.
But the administrative act. Eek
Tons of Formulare (forms) have to be filled, offical letters to be sent and about 50 Bundesbahn Verwaltungsbeamte (adminstrative officers) are fully employed with this derailing.

Lutz K
There was an old cartoon of a soldier who was filling out the forms for having lost something, "Now I know why the captain goes down with his ship."
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Would you keep an operational steam engine intentionally up and running for a certain time without access to feed water (tender) or would you shut down (no fire, no pressure in boiler) the engine in all cases before the tender becomes temporary unavailable?
Reinhard
faraway Wrote:Would you keep an operational steam engine intentionally up and running for a certain time without access to feed water (tender) or would you shut down (no fire, no pressure in boiler) the engine in all cases before the tender becomes temporary unavailable?
As the engine is not converting the steam to work, the water in the boiler would last for a longer period of time though without the tender there is no supply of fuel either. I stand to be corrected but I would suggest that the fire would be getting dumped fairly swiftly. Relighting the fire would be far cheaper than repairing a damaged boiler.
Cheers, the Bear.
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
This one is from about 7 or 8 years back. While working on a rooftop AC unit just off the N.J. turnpike we heard the banging of flanged wheels on wood ties. I climbed down and quickly grabbed the camera from the truck. Then, climbed back onto the roof just in time to see the cranes roll up to the second unit in the consist. The rear truck was on the ground, and needed a little help to get back on the rails.    

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Here are some photos that my Grandfather took. It is of a Northern Pacific derailment at Hines, Minnesota on June 7th, 1946.

[Image: Hines1.jpg]

[Image: Hines2.jpg]

[Image: Hines3.jpg]

[Image: Hines4.jpg]

[Image: Hines5.jpg]

[Image: Hines6.jpg]

[Image: Hines7.jpg]

[Image: Hines8.jpg]

Dan