Salt Marsh
    Anyone ever tried to model anything like this before??? I am wanting to include this type of scenery on my Florida-Gulf coast railroad. Pictures of what you have done, advice, tips, etc. or pointing me in the direction of someone who has done something like this would be awesome. Thanks!
Busch makes a scenery may that says cornfield but in Europe that means any grassy field as near as I can tell. I use it for grassy areas and pastures. You don't say what scale you are in but it needs to be one scale higher than that. In other words an O scale mat for an HO layout so it will be tall enough. The fall colored one looks pretty much like the picture. You can cut it to shape with regular scissors. I would use gloss medium for the water, but other things would probably work as well. Also Woodland Scenics makes field grass in that color but you would have to do it one clump at a time then try to trim it in a uniform manner.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Had areas like that, just a short bike ride from the house. Haven't had the "Real Estate" to dedicate to a salt marsh.

In your photo, about a quarter in from the right side, and just above center, there looks to be an Egret standing in the water.
That should give you an idea of the height of the marsh grass. I suspect that Mike is correct, and you would need the "O" scale mat, to reproduce the marsh grass.
Would be nice to see photos of your finished "wetlands". Wink Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!