Hi From Downunder.
Hi there from Australia, my name is Dave, 70 years young and an avid model railroader by Aussie standards.

I have modeled in various scales including N, OO and HO Japanese, British and American, I am building a fictitious heritage railroad located in Utah at the moment.

I guess being a big fan of geography I find learning about US railroads and the country itself a very big part of this great hobby.

I hope to learn and contribute to the forum where I can.

Regards
Dave
Downunder.
Hello and welcome to Big Blue Trains.

America has a lot of variety as for scenery and geography and our neighbors to the north (Canada) has some great scenery as well. Been to Canada twice the first time I rode a tourist railroad called the ALGOMA CENTRAL a good trip into the AGAWA Canyon lots of lakes, ponds and waterfalls, I want to go back and do the snow trip up the canyon.

I like the eastern railways(United States) around the post war period lots of coal and passenger trains to choose from and diesel locomotives were starting to take over.
oldtank Wrote:Hi there from Australia, my name is Dave, 70 years young and an avid model railroader by Aussie standards.

I have modeled in various scales including N, OO and HO Japanese, British and American, I am building a fictitious heritage railroad located in Utah at the moment.

I guess being a big fan of geography I find learning about US railroads and the country itself a very big part of this great hobby.

I hope to learn and contribute to the forum where I can.

Regards
Dave
Downunder.

Welcome Dave, we are pleased to have you along and we're looking forward to your contributing to what we do here. As you probably already know, we're big on photos, so don't hesitate to post them whenever you feel like. We're starting a new structure challenge today that will run until Sept 1, so take a look and see if you'd like to enter in any of the categories: http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=37&t=7612
Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hello Dave, welcome aboard. We are always interested in Australia and the modelers from there. We have some fine folks from your country on board.
What area do you reside. I have some friends in Sydney.
As the man says, we love pictures.
Charlie
Glad you could join us Dave! Welcome
Welcome now get your camera out....
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191
Thanks all for the welcome it is much appreciated. for Charlie I live in Brisbane Queensland but know Sydney pretty well, nice city.