AF350's Scratchbuild 2014 summer challenge
Well here is the latest pics and progress.

I'm quite impressed!!! Worship
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Sorry all have been side tracked a little bit lately.

Will try to do some more work here on the coaling tower soon.

Work, fathers pacemaker being replaced, and watching carefully as a crew of pavers do a botch up job on sealing driveways(3), next time I will do it myself, they failed to prep the drive way properly and missed quite a few places and they forgot to turn off the water spigot end result a busted hose a swampy yard and a lot of aggravation.

Anyway I need to just take it easy for a few days. 790_smiley_picking_a_fight 35 790_smiley_picking_a_fight
Pardon the railroad pun--but I have temporarily ran out of steam. I will still work on the coaling tower even if it does not make it by the deadline. I have to mow some grass in the morning, it is still too hot and sticky out this evening.

I have the next part of the coaling tower figured out just have to do it.
Well it rained last night and was still sprinkling a few moments ago so no grass cutting,

I did however mount a 3 front assault on the coaling tower/challenge, no pictures yet but may post some later.

1. I have built up a small housing structure for the clamshell bucket mechanism.
2. I have started an open tower structure for the above.
3. And I have found a small safety pin that I will make into a large railroad pad lock.

May have a pic or two by Tuesday after I make enough progress worth photographing as right now the structures do not look like much yet. the materials so far are still bits and pieces of bass and balsa wood(for those who do not know bass wood is harder than balsa which is very soft and easy to damage).
Ok, here we go with some pics of actual progress(keep in mind it is far from complete yet).

here is the progress so far,