More on Attempting a dual Service Loco..
Here's what I was looking at as a Dual Service Locomotive .

ERIE RR

Attached Files Image(s)

I believe you mean "dual mode," a locomotive that operates by diesel or electric power. "Dual service" is a dated term for locomotives that were used in both freight and passenger service.
railohio Wrote:I believe you mean "dual mode," a locomotive that operates by diesel or electric power. "Dual service" is a dated term for locomotives that were used in both freight and passenger service.
Yes , Yes I do a dual mode or whatever powers the ALP45DP Locomotive .

ERIE RR
The locomotive pictured is an ALP45DP

This locomotive will be available in Kit form from Island Model Works within the year. I know I'll be first in line for one!

The FL9 locomotives will be available RTR from Rapido, but they run on third rail instead of overhead Catenary.

Those are really the only dual modes in North America.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Except for the DE30AC units the Long Island has, and Amtrak's P32AC-DM model. That gets us to four models.
Ah, you got me there. As someone who is familiar with these engines from being in Penn Station, I am embarrassed I forgot!

Also, I think Canada has the ALP45DP as part of its AMT commuter operations. That is probably the only dual mode operating outside the New York City Area.

P32-ACDM

No mass produced model exists. Brass ones can be had for a small fortune. Your best bet is to kitbash one from a P42. The main problem here is that there are some noticeable differences, chiefly a different radiator fan arrangement, different body vents, and of course, third rail shoes.

FL9

Some were made in Resin with actual B-A1A drives, and Rapido will have a variety out this year for a high price. Of course, brass is also out there. This one's weird frame makes it a difficult kit bash.

DE30

These Long Island RR exclusive locomotives were offered in resin both by IHP and IMW. The IHP I suspect has the better details, but I also think it was probably produced in such low numbers that its unlikely you'll find one. IMW continues to produce the DE30, as well as the bi-level commuter cars and decals to go with it.

ALP45DP

Island Model Works (IMW) says these should be out soon. they also already make the bi-level cars associated with NJ transit and AMT
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]