Acme Bakery
Steve:
my father was shocked when he moved from teaching in a small town to a big city school. After a dance all the decorations were junked. In the small town decorations were carefully taken down and stored for the next time.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
David,
There was talk about saving some of the decorations, but I don't believe there was any place to put them. Every year the theme is different, so who knows when they would use them again. I believe it is a bit of a waste myself, but at the end of the day....the kids seemed appreciative of the efforts & the moms who were working the event (including my wife) had a blast doing it. Bottom line....my wife was happy Wink
Steve
Finally, all finished up:
[Image: IMG_0125%20small.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0126%20small.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0121%20small.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0119%20small.jpg]

As I look at it, I probably should add lights over the single doors...but I will call this one finished.

Thoughts.....
The structure itself is not very interesting (just a long L-shaped box) but I was drawn to the blue and white color of the prototype. I think it just reinforces the notion that structures don't need a whole lot of bells and whistles to be "worthy" of modeling, but they have to be rendered some-what believably. If not, you just wind up with....... a long box Wink

Thank you for following along Thumbsup
Steve
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->
Steve---very impressive Applause That building sure would look great on the Leetown Division Wink
You did a great job on this building. What did you use for the roof, it's very realistic.
Hi,

Great work on this structure.Very nice weathering and detailing....

Cheers,Chris
Building the BC-Rail Dawson Creek Subdivision in H0 scale http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7835
Thank you guys for the kind words!......and thumbs Thumbsup

Rscott417 Wrote:You did a great job on this building. What did you use for the roof, it's very realistic.
I used chipboard painted with acrylics and some inkwash:
http://www.dickblick.com/products/all-pu...chipboard/

I ordered a couple of large sheets years ago. I was going to use it as a "cardboard" base for my structures, but it was too thick to try and cut window and door openings in. I have since used it as a cutting board. I draw on it too and layout framing and such. If you look hard at the roof pic above, you can make out some of the slices left behind by my utility knife....just adds character Goldth .

I usually use styrene, wood or stiff cardboard covered with sandpaper and painted with acrylics.

Sandpaper roof:
[Image: ColdStorage059small.jpg]

I ran out of sandpaper this time around, and had to use what was available Wink
Steve