The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
rtraincollector Wrote:Just noticed my camera did 3 different colors for the walls the top picture is the closet to actual color maybe a hint darker but not much
That's why you don't want to argue about shades of colour based on old photographs!
Also don't want to argue based on aging memories and aging eyeballs.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning. It's 71° with 100% humidity. The high will be 85° and there's a significant chance of showers and thunderstorms.
[Image: cond006.gif][Image: cond80.jpg]

Excuse me if I'm not very talkative today. Looks like it's gonna be wet here. I'm not going to be doing much. My right knee feels OK this morning but my neck and back are letting me know they don't like the weather. Looks like another bed day for me.

[Image: P1010020-1.jpg]
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Good morning everyone. Just in case anyone has forgotten, we've still got plenty of time to enter our current structure challenges. There's something there for everyone, kit builders, kitbashers and scratchbuilders alike. Come on over, it'll be a fun way to get that project done that you've been meaning to for the past few years. Welcome Welcome

Weather-wise, the Phoenix area is looking pretty normal right now. It's around 6:00 and already 75 outside. No rain in the forecast and it's going to get hotter by this weekend. We're headed out to go shooting on Saturday. Usually we meet for breakfast around 7:30, then get to the shooting area by around 9:30. Not now, we should be on our way by 6:00, and be finished shooting by around 9:00 and if we're lucky, it won't get to 100 before then. That's one downside to shooting in the summer. The other is that most sites are closed to shooting because of the fire danger. Right now, things are so dry that they are restricting campfires, shooting and even RV's on all BLM and National Forest land. Fortunately, we shoot on land that is privately owned, but still way out in the desert.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Good morning all.

No set plans for the day. May watch some DVDs if I can not find the motivation to productive today, sat out on the front porch this morning and dozed off for awhile. Going to fix some lunch here in a few min.

some random pics of latest modeling activities.

Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 71 degrees
A morning trip to the grocery store. Sad
I just turned down an invite to offer/buy some Lionel Sad
It's not so much a money thing but where to put it.
Nice chat last night with some of the guys.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Afternoon all not much going on today. went made deposite at bank and got a few thinbgs at the store. Water wifes plants outside so now time to relax have DR.'s appointment in the morning 8 am. Looking forward to that as a lot been going on so need to have a talk with him. Hope all having a good day just remember to morrow is T.G.I.F.
WARNING This veteran is medicated for your protection

visit my web page <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/">http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/</a><!-- m --> also <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com">http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com</a><!-- m -->
Had to shut down earlier due to a savage line of thunderboomers coming through. Right now there's a lull so I came online to the weather radar. It doesn't look good. There's a whole bunch of severe weather moving my way from Beaumont and it looks to be strung out at least forty miles. At the rate it's moving I'll be ducking it in just a little while. The weather alert I'm seeing is posted below. Looks like it's gonna get real here.

AT 252 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED ALINE OF STRONG THUNDERSTORMS...ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM KROTZSPRINGS TO EUNICE TO RAGLEY TO 8 MILES SOUTHEAST OF CALL TOSARATOGA...MOVING NORTH AT 15 MPH.

THE LINE OF STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL AFFECT AREAS IN AND AROUND...OLD SALEM...KOUNTZE...WASHINGTON...BANCROFT...HARMONY AND MAMOU.

THE PRIMARY THREATS FROM THESE STORMS ARE FREQUENT LIGHTNING AND WIND GUSTS 35 TO 45 MPH...WHICH COULD DOWN TREE LIMBS AND BLOW AROUND UNSECURED SMALL OBJECTS. SEEK SHELTER IN A SAFE HOME OR BUILDING UNTIL THESE STORMS HAVE PASSED.

THESE STORMS COULD PRODUCE RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF ONE TO TWO INCHES IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME...RESULTING IN PONDING OF WATER AROUND LOW LYING ROADWAYS. REMEMBER...DO NOT DRIVE YOUR VEHICLE INTO WATER COVERED ROADWAYS. THE DEPTH MAY BE TOO GREAT TO ALLOW A SAFE CROSSING.
Collector of Apple //e's

Gee, I almost forgot, today is such a placid day, almost cool by contrast with the record. Today right now it's only 105, but on this day in 1990, the temperature got up to 122 degrees in the Phoenix area. Icon_twisted Now, according to the Weather Channel Desktop App I use, they say it only got up to 118 that day, but I know for a fact that it did get to 122, I remember that day vividly. I remember stepping onto the pavement and have it sink under my feet, kind of like walking on foam rubber. My confidence in the data I get from the Weather Channel is at an all time low. Wallbang I just have to find another desktop weather app. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Looks like the storms have petered out for now. Radar still shows a lot of nasty stuff offshore heading this way but it might not be here til after midnight.

Well I didn't get much accomplished today. I watch a few movies, sat through a few power failures that only lasted a few minutes each. The humidity here is ridiculous. It has to be experienced to be believed. It's pegged at 100%. It's 69 in here and I'm sweating!

I made it a point to call my father earlier. He was on his way from Hammond with a new 2014 RV. My stepmother was in close behind in her car. I suggested to him that he find a place to ride out the storms until the weather cleared enough that he could proceed safely. It's not wise to be driving something bigger than many billboards when high winds are blowing across the roads.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow provided the weather doesn't bring down the power lines.

[Image: P1010019.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6449.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

We retrieved the RV from the shop today. After the winter, there was a lot of water damage in the over-cab area. They did a nice job on it and charged $600 less than the estimate.
We did a bit of cleaning. We'd had a milk leak in the frig and I took a panel off and had a great mess to scrub off.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and humid this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 66 with the humidity at 94%. We picked up a quarter inch of rain overnight and rain is in the forecast through Monday. High for today is supposed to be in the low 80s.

Earlier this week we got out the Afternoon Special and ran it for a couple of hours while sitting on the patio. Ran for about two hours and the only problem was the pilot truck popped off the rails a couple of times. I have finished varnishing all the wood for the bench. Now I'm just waiting for the rain to let up so I can put it back together.

No major plans for the weekend other than try to mow the yard. I'll need to run to the drug store this morning for some more medications for My Fair Lady.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning. It's 71° with 100% humidity. There's a significant chance of showers and thunderstorms. The high will be 85° and will feel like 93°.
[Image: cond006.gif][Image: cond70.jpg]

Just waiting for the nurse to call so I can the wound vac dressing changed. This one has given no problems. I hope it's replacement works equally well. Other than that I have no plans other than going back to bed and getting rest. The neck and back pain isn't as bad as yesterday but it's still letting me know it doesn't think much of the weather. Be back later.

[Image: P1010028.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Morning. Rain over night. Dr. cut deeper and wider [three times] than ever before. Says I am now cancer free [I hope]. Showered, all bandaged up and off to do Mayor's work on what was suppose to be a day off. Wallbang
More showers today. Everything growing [including grass in garden].

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Chief, good to hear that things are heading in the right direction for you...

Hi everyone, and a good Friday to you all. Not a bad weekend in store for us here, 103 forecast for today, 108 for tomorrow. Just that we should be staying inside about now, and here we are planning on going out into the desert target shooting tomorrow. I was looking around some of the Arizona shooting forums the other day, and notice that someone mentioned that they found a body out in that area. He didn't say when or how, but I know him, he's a sheriff's deputy and holds gun classes out there so I'll ask him the next time we see him out there. Some people use the area to dump other things such as old tires, appliances and furniture, but this has to be a first.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Good Morning Blue
We have sun and 68 degrees. Hi will be 82
Grocery shopping yesterday, an early evening wedding today and I plan to goof off till then.
I gotta find some help for my lawn needs, got an assortment of weeds and Weed B Gone is not working.
The front is fine but I am losing the battle in the back.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)