The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
Cold morning. Finally hit 34 degrees. Low 40's. Train Box work is planned.

Tom, that is OK. Just one day, one has to move or meet in the middle. Yes, I can see it get serious. :-D

Hope all stay warm.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Hello Blue
Just checking in.
It's a cloudy 22 degrees and snow is expected by nightfall.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning all, lots of people milling around the golf course in Scottsdale for the Phoenix Open. Apparently, the sixteenth green is a big deal, it is now lined with seats, boxes and bleachers. They start playing at 8:00 this morning, but all 1800 bleacher seats were full with people standing in line at 6:00. It is somewhat rowdy there, but the players don't seem to mind. Well, there are exceptions, the other day they arrested a streaker, $1500 fine and five days in jail for being intoxicated and exposure. I hope it was worth it to the guy. Yesterday the booted out a heckler, and yes, one of the players was not happy since he missed his putt and may not make the cut.

Oh yeah, this thread is approaching 5000, when it gets there, we'll open a new thread, #8, or VIII as the Romans come to count.... Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 3 in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. High for today is supposed to be about 8. Snow moves in tomorrow with a predicted accumulation of up to 7 inches. In a way I don't mind having the snow on the ground. With the ground bare as it is now every time it warms up I get to thinking spring is just around the corner. With the snow on he ground it helps me realize that I still have another month and a half of winter to put up with.

Nothing major (or minor) accomplished yesterday and today will probably be a repeat. Still battling the intestinal flu but gradually improving.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, well it's Super Bowl Sunday as well as the final round of the Phoenix Open, which by the way, the Phoenix Open is played in Scottsdale and has been for a good many years. Crazy Yesterday, they had a record attendance of 217,000, I'd hate to have gone there and had to find a parking space, especially when they were showing up as early as 6:00 to get a decent seat. It has to be worse than the Super Bowl with at least twice as many people to contend with. The sixteenth green looks like a baseball stadium, surrounded on three sides by box seats and bleachers. I guess if you're a golf nut, it's all worth the effort. The cost, $40-$50 If you're a football fan, that's a different story, thousands of dollars for a seat from what I hear....

I may watch a bit of the Super Bowl, just a bit since I really lost interest in football and they keep giving me more and more reasons for that.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Afternoon. Sunday School and brunch. Home warm and dry as rainy and cold. Probably not go to a Super Bowl party. We are not Super Bowl watchers.

Rest and relax before a busy Mayor week.

Stay warm and dry.
Don: I lost interest in footer when they started letting them pick it up with their hands.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:Don: I lost interest in footer when they started letting them pick it up with their hands.

Funny, we were watching the movie "Flushed Away" last night and if you haven't seen it, do so if you like animated movies. There was this soccer game, the Brits and Germany and everyone was waiting for halftime when they'd all go to the bathroom at the same time. Anyway, there was this one character (a Texan) who was yelling, "where's the quarterback, hand him the ball..."

Me, I lost interest when someone started dancing around like a chicken when he made a tackle, something he was being paid millions to do. Here's a comic strip from yesterday that says it all: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gocomics.com/frank-and-ernest/2018/02/04">http://www.gocomics.com/frank-and-ernest/2018/02/04</a><!-- m -->
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cold at 7 degrees this morning. 3-7" of snow on the way. Looking at radar this morning it looks so far like I may be in the 3" range with the heavier snow going to the south.

Quiet day yesterday. I did not watch the super bowl but it sounds like it might have been a good one. On tap for today is making a pot of chili and watching it snow. Snow is supposed to be over by late afternoon so I'll hopefully get it removed before supper.

All stay safe.

Tom

Morning. Sunny and warm. Mayor stuff today and tonight. Sure got quite on the rifle forum after the game last night. Think some folks lost a lot of money and some won a lot. Fire trucks running up and down the street this AM. Goes one way and now back the other. ???????

DAZ, don't get off your golf cart and walk up to driver's window after being bumped. :o

Have a great week ahead.
Chief, a lot of people put "easy money" on the Patriots yesterday and they have guns? I see a parallel. If Iever see Gisele Bundchen, I have to offer her an apology:

Gisele Bundchen was right, Tom Brady really can't throw and catch.

Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:Chief, a lot of people put "easy money" on the Patriots yesterday and they have guns? I see a parallel.

So do us EAGLES fans. Lots of guns. Wink Guess we will buy more. 357
Chief Eagles Wrote:DAZ, don't get off your golf cart and walk up to driver's window after being bumped. :o

Have a great week ahead.

Yeah, a real pity there. Too many of the wrong people carrying guns. Wallbang

I also will stay away from any towns where "their" team wins some sort of playoff game (football, baseball, soccer, basketball, hockey, cricket, or even tiddly winks....). Too many people there think looting, overturning cars and generally damaging anything that doesn't belong to them as a way to celebrate. Why is any of this OK in the name of sports? Crazy Why doesn't one player, one coach or one team owner step forward and try to stop this madness? Oh, they're too busy heading to the bank to deposit their checks... 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
It's funny, when the Yankees win a World Series, there's no rioting. But then again, it's happened so often that the novelty isn't there. 35 Icon_lol
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Greetings, gang.

It's crunchy cold outside. When the snow crunches when you walk on it, you know it's cold. Those who live in such areas know what I mean. Right now it's -12 with a predicted high of +10. More snow is predicted tonight after the 6" we received yesterday. Snow chances remain in the forecast for the remainder of the week. Below is a picture of yesterday's sunrise taken from outside my back door.

[Image: IMG_7563.JPG]

On tap for today is the monthly bereavement group at 10. No other plans for today other than to stay warm.

All stay safe.

Tom