The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
Mike Kieran Wrote:It's funny, when the Yankees win a World Series, there's no rioting. But then again, it's happened so often that the novelty isn't there. 35 Icon_lol
Now I like that one. Thumbsup

Sunny and 54 degrees already. Several things on the agenda. Main thing is Town Board tonight.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Mike Kieran Wrote:It's funny, when the Yankees win a World Series, there's no rioting. But then again, it's happened so often that the novelty isn't there. 35 Icon_lol
And I would bet that a couple fire cannons would stop this. No discipline in our society anymore and too much tolerance for this behavior. Nope Charlie
Good morning all, still a bit too warm for us this time of the year. Not bragging, just stating facts. The subject of global warming has come up from a few here, but not back east where there's yet another storm in store.

And about "celebrations", "OUR TEAM WON", when in fact, these guys are playing for big money. The Eagles got $112,000 each, while the Patriots got half that. This is in addition to what they made during the playoffs. Do they share that with their fans? Of course not... There is little difference between these celebrations and riots, again, violence for no other reason but to take advantage of the situation. You can count on it happening, regardless of who won...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cold outside my window this morning. Right now it's 6 headed fora high of around 14. Snow in the forecast through Saturday.

Not much accomplished yesterday other than laundry. On tap for today is to clear another inch of snow off the sidewalks followed by a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Warm and rainy good morning. Doggies to groomer this afternoon [past due]. Have a good one.
Hello Blue
It's 20 degrees and I just cleared another 3 inches of lite snow off the walks.
Seems we've been getting hit every other day.
No train news. I did spend Saturday evening running 3r trains with some locals.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Morning. Not as warm as yesterday but rain is gone. Suppose to come back this weekend. Icon_lol Have a good one.
Good morning all. Yeah, rain in our forecast too. Sunday or Monday, or maybe on Tuesday. Seems as if those TV "meteorologists" aren't sure, even at the same station.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I am still preparing my room to be reworked. Lots of stuff from the basement has been moved to the waste containers. The waste containers are shared between two apartment buildings. My neighbors love it if one party starts filling them up. The freed space in the basement has been filled with all the boxes of the surviving locomotives and railcars except one set currently on the layout in operation.
Topic for tomorrow is a board hidden und the layout to store all kind of strips. Wooden, plastic, rails, metal, wires etc. There are also four cans of used paint cleaner on that board. It will be a nice morning on the knees...
Getting that stuff cleaned up is somewhat cumbersome in Germany. Lots of complicated environmental rules and mandatory recycling procedures must be obeyed. The public garbage collection is reduced to a minimum. I have to carry lots of stuff to the scrap yard and sort it into many different containers.
Reinhard
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 10 right now headed for 21 later on. Right now I'm just sitting around waiting for the snow. We're supposed to get up to 5" by tomorrow morning.

Among other things I actually made it to the train room yesterday afternoon and did some cleaning. Also ran a train for a few minutes. First active work I've done in the train room in a few years. This morning I've already been out and about. Among other things I picked up an indoor/outdoor thermometer. Since it's a little too cool to be outside I set the remote sensor in my bedroom upstairs. Right now it's reading that it's 28 degrees up there. :o I like to have the bedroom a little cooler by I think that's a little too cool.

All stay safe.

Tom

Edit: I checked, it is not set for Centigrade temperature.

Good morning all, temps still in the low 80's, but are suppose to go down this coming week. Rain has moved each day from Sunday now to Thursday. probably that wind coming from California isn't blowing hard enough to move the storm as fast as they first thought. Icon_lol

Still working out in the garage, got shelves and a cabinet built and just finished a workbench. Got a 20 amp circuit in as well. Around here, you can do your own wiring on your house, just as long as it's up to code. That's nice if you know what to do, probably saved $500 by not having to hire an electrician. Total cost was around $30 for breaker, GFI outlet and other parts, so now I can run what few power tools I have left. Now comes the not so much fun part, cleanup.... Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Clearing and cold this morning. Right now it's 8, headed for a high of... 8. Yeah, not gonna get any better today. Overnight we got about 9" of snow. The snow blower will get a workout today as the snow plow has already been past. Snow is piled about 2' deep at the end of the driveway.

Not much else planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Greetings, gang.

Clear and 0 outside headed for clear and about 10. No snow in the forecast for a while.

As predicted, my snow blower got a workout yesterday. Had to run it in first gear to slowly work my way through the snow. Then I grabbed the shovel to clear the front steps. As I walked to the front of the house my grandson showed up with his plow. He had planned to do the drive way for me. So we took a break instead. Had a nice visit with him. Also found out it looks like yet another funeral in my near future. My daughter's father-in-law has had his treatments for brain cancer stopped. The treatments are no longer effective. The family has not asked for a time line but hospice is involved.

This morning it's off to do some shopping. I need "stuff" rather than groceries so I'll be hitting Menards as well as Walmart. Also found a graduation present for one of my grandkids who will be graduating from high school this spring. Only one more grandkid to graduate after that.

Last night my cell phone started going nuts. Turned out one of my nieces was try to prove her mother wrong. My sister-in-law had told her that I never see texts (which is mostly true). So my niece started texting me continuously. I happened to stop my video game at just the right time to finally hear it. Had a nice chat with several relatives thanks to speaker phone.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning folks, not much to talk about, did get the garage cleaned up yesterday, maybe get some tools and stuff organized now that I've got the storage space.

Nest project is to start unpacking some of the boxes with my train stuff. I'm concerned that the structures that I recovered from my layout got damaged in the moves. The last I saw of them was when I moved them from one box to another. The first one got crushed a bit after someone put it on the bottom of the stack. I know there is some damage, I just don't know how much until they're unwrapped. Well, that's a good start towards a new layout, fix what's broken, then plan on what to do with them all.

Oh, our rain days are moving around still, maybe Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, maybe some other days, but this coming week for sure. Forecast courtesy of just one TV channel where those weather guessers just can't get together and pick the same days... Crazy
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning. Rainy and 60 degrees. Forecast for next four days, rain off and on. NC has moved to Oregon. Icon_lol Ran N&W YH6B yesterday with new aux water tender. Looks great with long line of hopper cars with coal loads. Hope to get back into Train Box today.

Tom, time for you to go visit that lady friend. Thumbsup

All have a good weekend.