The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
Kev, that's cool. I've seen them shoot exploding targets on the show, "Top Shot", but I never tried it myself. It appears that you can easily go broke if it gets too addictive though. I'm also wondering what the fire potential is when using this? I'd hate to be the one to start another wildfire here in Arizona when they're fight enough of them as it is, but boy, that looks like it could be a blast (pun intended).... 2285_ Shoot
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Did more work on the //e. Changed out the top cover and most of the keys of the numeric keypad. Those are much easier to see now. The keys should look familiar to anyone who's had an Apple II+ computer. They went in with no modifications needed.

[Image: DSCN6584.jpg]
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Well, other than doing the aforementioned work on the computer I watched a few movies and played a couple of rounds of Star Fleet 1. Won one outright and almost got my clock cleaned in the other. Yes, I know it's a very old (1984) strategy game and that's about the time I bought it but it still puts me on the edge of my seat.

Watched a couple of old James Bond movies. 'For Your Eyes Only' and 'The Spy Who Loved Me'.

That's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010001-25.jpg]

[Image: P101004.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6582.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Back from vacation in Egypt. It was a month later than usual. One month more time to heat the Red Sea matching the requirements of old bones but the heat of the air......perfect for Arizona natives Sad
Lots of hotels in the Marsa Alam region are flooded by it Italien tourists forced out of their traditional preferred Sinai due to the last terror warning still in effect for the entire Sinai. Nice people but we changed after one week to another quieter hotel Wink
Reinhard
KRM Wrote:Don, Try it you will like it, Not much fire flash. in the shows they add the fire. I hardly saw any kind of flame. Just start small and work your way up. We started with sandwich bags filled and wrapped with Duck tape then worked up to the pop bottle. Shoot

Thanks Kev, I was wondering if you had to shoot the whole jar, or could you ration it out. And again, I'm always mindful of our environment here, we are now fighting several large wildfires that were started by people, not nature. Even the desert can get scorched. Lots of brush, cacti and trees around to burn and it does happen.

I will seriously consider it, right now we just shoot plastic bottles and golf balls, but we need to up our game a bit.. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Even the desert can get scorched. Lots of brush, cacti and trees around to burn and it does happen.
That's for sure. I lived on what was then the edge of El Paso in 1969 on Galveston street. There was nothing across the street but desert. Back then Foothill Drive and the Patriot Apartments weren't even an idea. It was nothing but desert out to the highway (now Patriot Freeway) and beyond. Sometimes fires would start for various reasons and could spread quickly. Windblown tumbleweeds would allow it to spread farther than one would think possible.
Collector of Apple //e's

Good morning. It's 77° with 99% humidity. It'll be sunny and the high will be 92°.
[Image: cond026.gif]

Just waiting on the Home Health nurse to call. The wound vac dressing definitely needs to be changed. It sprung a few leaks yesterday and I didn't have enough adhesive film to do the job. So I resorted to masking tape. Stop laughing. It worked.

Didn't get much sleep so I'm not in the most agreeable of moods this morning. No plans other than keeping off my feet as much as possible, watching movies and playing computer games. I'm sure something else will come up.

[Image: P1010011-2.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Morning. Sunny and extra warm. Errands today. Later
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Running Bear Wrote:
ezdays Wrote:Even the desert can get scorched. Lots of brush, cacti and trees around to burn and it does happen.
That's for sure. I lived on what was then the edge of El Paso in 1969 on Galveston street. There was nothing across the street but desert. Back then Foothill Drive and the Patriot Apartments weren't even an idea. It was nothing but desert out to the highway (now Patriot Freeway) and beyond. Sometimes fires would start for various reasons and could spread quickly. Windblown tumbleweeds would allow it to spread farther than one would think possible.

Some people might think of the desert as what you might see in an Arabian movie, sand for as far as you can see in any direction and totally devoid of any life. There is a place just across the California border that is like that, many people from here go out to the "sand dunes" with their dune buggies. A lot of "desert" movies are shot there as well. Our desert has a lot of growth, not green hills and lush trees, but enough to support all sorts of life from bugs to snakes and coyotes. We have a occasional brush fire here that might grow to several thousand acres, but a lot of times, you go up I-17 and you see a few acres of burned landscape where someone had tossed a cigarette butt out the window, or pulled off the road with a hot catalytic converter or a car fire that spread. When it's dry, many desert plants will shed their leaves (if they have any), just to conserve the water they have. A lot of cacti will store water as well. We even have a species of frogs that hibernate underground until the rains come, then like dehydrated potatoes, the come to life when they get wet.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Our desert has a lot of growth, not green hills and lush trees, but enough to support all sorts of life from bugs to snakes and coyotes. We have a occasional brush fire here that might grow to several thousand acres, but a lot of times, you go up I-17 and you see a few acres of burned landscape where someone had tossed a cigarette butt out the window, or pulled off the road with a hot catalytic converter or a car fire that spread. When it's dry, many desert plants will shed their leaves (if they have any), just to conserve the water they have. A lot of cacti will store water as well. We even have a species of frogs that hibernate underground until the rains come, then like dehydrated potatoes, the come to life when they get wet.
That's the way it was in El Paso for the most part. Not much in the way of grass but quite a bit prairie grass, tumbleweeds, cactus, mesquite and lots of bushes you'd find in such an environment. Most of it very dry as well. It was the first place I'd seen where it could rain all day and the next morning it looked like it had never rained.
Collector of Apple //e's

Good Morning Blue
Sun and 79 now. Hi 80s today. Storms expected later.
A nice outdoor grilling meal yesterday with some church friends.
I was going to cut the grass today but the chemical guy just gave it a good going over.
So I'll wait and let it go for a few days.
Friend Andy is coming by with the new Lionel Christmas catalog, fresh off the truck.
June is gone already.... Sad
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good afternoon. Had a couple of incidents last week that were getting my blood pressure to go up. I noticed two overdrafts on my bank account. I have overdraft protection so the bank paid the amount owing each time. However I have to pay that back plus the overdraft fee is $35 a pop. Turns out a company I do (or did) business with for commemorative coins took funds from the account that were not due them. Since then they realized their error and put the money back. However that doesn't cover the $70 in overdraft fees I incurred because of this. I called them today and asked what they intend to do about that. They said they put the money back and that's all they're supposed to do. So I'm stuck with the overdraft charges. So I told them if they weren't going to do anything about I'm not going to do business with a company that hides behind excuses so please mark my account cancelled and I don't want to hear from this company again. Tomorrow I'll need to note that there's a $70 hole in my account and handle my bills accordingly. To say that I'm ticked off is the understatement of the year. Today my blood pressure check came up as seventy-eight over fifty-five. That's the lowest it's been in many years.
Collector of Apple //e's

Good evening all,

Mother in hospital with diverticulitis was admitted last night while I was at work, feeling better but she will be there a few days.

Been a lazy day today but did get some train stuff done.

AF350 Wrote:Mother in hospital with diverticulitis was admitted last night while I was at work, feeling better but she will be there a few days.
I've been hospitalized for that myself. Painful and nasty. I hope she gets better soon.
Collector of Apple //e's

Good evening. We have a nice evening here with a temp of 84° and humidity of 69%. I was just outside a little while ago and didn't feel wet. First time in over a week.

Been feeling tired and cranky all day from lack of sleep last night. Food situation isn't good. I have rice and noodles and noodles and rice. Had two Chimichangas last night. It was a gourmet feast! My father invited me over for watermelon this evening. It was delicious! Fortunately my check will be in the bank in the morning and I'll be able to do some grocery shopping soon. The sooner the better.

I was lifting one of my heavier computers a while ago and I felt my left elbow pop. Now it has a throbbing ache. Not sure what I did to it.

As a friend reminded me, I have seven days left.

Real tired tonight so I'm calling it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010004-8.jpg]

[Image: shot1.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4141.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's