The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VII.. Stop In!!!
Morning all. Hot and humid. Garden growing. Errands this AM. Lake house to mow this afternoon. Back tomorrow PM. Have a great July.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 63 degrees this morning. High for today is supposed to be in the low 70s. Time to dry out for a few days. We have received 2.5 inches of rain in 36 hours.

Nothing major planned for today. My Fair Lady and I will be making a grocery run later this morning. After that I will probably go to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning. It's 75° with 100% humidity. Lots of clouds today with a high of 95°.
[Image: condmc-1.jpg]

Just the usual today. Movies and games. Throw in a little of whatever presents itself and it might be an interesting day. Got a descent nights sleep for a change.

[Image: shot2.jpg]
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Good morning everyone, another hot day here in the Sonoran desert, hot (112), but no records (117 in 2001). Ahh, but on Friday, we should have a 10, 20 or 30% chance of rain. The numbers are from all different sources where no two forecasters can agree :o ... It always boggles my mind that they can still get those big bucks for being wrong or at best, close, but then again, most of them are on the government payroll, so that explains it all... I often wonder just how far I would have gotten in my profession if I were wrong more times than not, or if I came "close" in designing something for a customer? I know, weather forecasting is not an exact science, but then again, they have all these new tools and satellites at hand so that they can be more accurate. Channel 15 here says, "The Valley's most accurate forecast", and so I can only guess at how bad the others can be. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Been watching a bunch of Mythbusters shows today. Good entertainment. I was looking around on eBay this morning. Came across an Apple A9M0107 disk drive tagged as tested and working and priced under $30 and free shipping so I snapped it up. I can either use it as is or tear it down for parts. That's the beginning and end of my 'fun money' for this month. Bank overdrafts took the rest. I have plenty in another account but that's for home repairs and won't be used for anything else unless it's a dire emergency. Buying toys whether they be computer parts or model trains doesn't fit that description.
Collector of Apple //e's

Don:
Compare it to sports -- how often do those guys get it right the first time? and they get paid even more than weather forecasters.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Running late tonight. Earlier today I set up one of the IIe's on my bed, connected one disk drive to it, ran the video signal into the video port on my VCR and turned my TV into a thirty-seven inch flat screen monitor. Played a game of Star Fleet 1 then watched one of the Murder She Wrote mystery movies, "The Last Free Man". Afterward put the computer away and came in to type up this post.

That's all for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010003-15.jpg]

[Image: DSCN4584.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Good morning. It's 73° with 100% humidity. Cloudy today with a high of 95°.
Morning: [Image: pcloudy-1.jpg] Afternoon: [Image: condmc-1.jpg]

Weather guesser says we're expecting fair weather today and to enjoy it as it looks like rain will be moving in tonight. One thing about Louisiana, if you don't like the weather just wait a few minutes.

No plans for today. I'm just waiting for the Home Health nurse to call. After the wound vac dressing is changed my father wants me to look up the Camping World site on his PC and help him find a cover for his new RV. It's quite dusty out here and he'd like to keep as much of it as possible off his new toy.

As for me, more of the same as usual. Movies, games, games, movies with a bit of chance and the unforeseen thrown in for good measure.

[Image: P1010001-17.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

BR60103 Wrote:Don:
Compare it to sports -- how often do those guys get it right the first time? and they get paid even more than weather forecasters.

Good point, they can miss catches and tackles, fumble the ball, strike out, miss foul shots and layups and a multitude of other mishaps and still get the big bucks. It's just that if they do it too often, they wind up on the bench or back into the minor leagues and don't get their contracts renewed. Weather people, they can be wrong over and over again and still keep their jobs. 35

Speaking of the weather, I still see conflicting data on record highs, and that's something that should be consistent and even then, some of those people are wrong. :? If it already happened, then it is in the books and should not vary from one person to another. Still, in all wonderment, they do agree that we have a chance of rain on this Friday... I'm betting that there's not a drop. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Well I fell asleep again on posting. Not a lot going on here. The flea market is officially closed but I still have my website and my ebay accounts going. Took a lot of stuff to the auction house today. Forgot to take a rocking chair but having second thoughts about it now. need to rearrange the bedroom so it can go in there but first need to do the extra room so I can move a piece in the bedroom in there to make room lol. Put a new light up in the hall for the wife that we bought about a month ago or so. Icon_lol need to do some work on the layout as planning on making a second level in the back corner. an area of about 4' x 6' will be a nice addition to the layout. Will try to take pics as I go.
WARNING This veteran is medicated for your protection

visit my web page <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/">http://rtssite.shutterfly.com/</a><!-- m --> also <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com">http://www.donnasgrannysattic.com</a><!-- m -->
Good evening. A pleasant 74° here. Humidity is a tad high at 87%. Been hearing thunderboomers all evening but not so much as a drop of rain here. Weather guesser is calling for 30% tonight and 50% tomorrow.

Got the wound vac dressing changed then went online to Camping World and ordered a twenty-eight foot cover for my fathers new RV. Less than $200 so he figures he got a good deal on it. I watched a movie and a few Knight Rider shows. Took one of my computers out of the closet while looking for something and finally took the time to read something on the side of it. Looks like it came from a school named after Walt Disney. I remember it was a wreck when I got it and I rebuilt it. There's nothing special about. Just an old early model IIe with a Plain Jane 6502 processor.

The disk drive I bought for less than $30 yesterday is on it's way here from Connecticut. Estimated delivery date is July ninth.

Tomorrows gonna be a bit busy. Gotta be at a doc appointment in town at 9am then it's on to the loan office to make a payment on my loan there then to Wal-Mart to do the grocery shopping. I should have $130 to play with and I'll still have $30 to get some gas.

That's it for today. See y'all tomorrow.

[Image: P1010001-15.jpg]

[Image: P1010002-11.jpg]

[Image: DSCN6325-1.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

Morning all. Back from lake house. Surprise surprise!!! Neighbor at the had mowed my grass. Yes, the one that had bone cancer and I "tended" his yard for three years, mow it. Told him thanks and he replied, "Least I could do." I had to do some weedeating and spray herbicide on edging and stone drives. Not bad. Was hot and humid. Heat indices 109.

Lunch meeting and then Wifey's new fancy super doper washer and dryer delivered this afternoon.

Good ole' hurricane headed to the coast. So what! A little guy and not a biggie.

Have a good one.
Good morning all, a dim-looking day outside. Some forecasters call for a low chance of rain (10-20%) today and from the looks of it outside, that could happen. Maybe it's our first monsoon storm of the season...... We are around our 125th day without a trace of rain, #5 on the list. #1 is 160 days and we're hoping we don't beat that record. Nope

Thanks to that large fire up in Oak Creek Canyon a few weeks ago, the whole area is now closed from recreational activities. All campgrounds are closed, no hiking or camping anywhere, even the picnic areas are shut down for now, all due to the flooding potential. I hate wildfires, especially those that were started by humans, some accidental, some intentional, but all of them are careless. When our kids were young enough, we used to go camping in Oak Creek several times during the summer. We quit that a long time ago when the thought of sleeping on the ground or a cot and going days without a shower became more than we could handle. We still stop by some of those campground when we go up to Sedona, but I guess we won't be doing that this year. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Forgot. Back has suddenly healed up [about time as 5 weeks]. Got only a tiny Band-Aid strip to protect shirt. Hand doing good too for such a big hole. Glad to get "repaired".
Jeff...That's a neat little shack (Stores)...How did you weather the wood..?? (I presume it IS wood...)
Gus (LC&P).