Gumpolean's latest post
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7766&start=30">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=7766&start=30</a><!-- l -->

This one appears to have "double posted" The time of post is identical for both, as is the content. I'm a bit reluctant to delete one of the two, on the grounds that it may delete both.
Maybe if I knew a bit more about the board's software, I'd be able to figure it out.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Not a problem, it happens occasionally that someone somehow is able to double post. When you do see that, you can delete one without disturbing the other by just hitting the "X" on the top of the post you want to delete. I just did it on this double post.

I'm not sure how this happens, but I think that if there's a delay in someone's message being posted and they hit the "submit" button again, that it will post the message twice.

Anyhow, that's how you delete a post like this. The more difficult solution would be to isolate the post and move it to the Ash Pit... Keep in mind that I said "more difficult" Confusedhock:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
"Keep in mind that I said "more difficult"" 357 357 357 357 357 Icon_twisted

Don,
Wink I've always been - - - "more difficult" - - - 357 357 357

Thanks for the info on that situation.

On a Happy Note. Looks like I will be keeping AT&T for my internet provider. I was considering Comcast, but they never sent "a person" here to see what would be needed, and make the arrangements. Yesterday afternoon, AT&T had people here, and I liked what they were able to do. All the videos were becoming major sources of frustration because of the S L O W
speed of dialup.
All of my contact information should remain as it currently is.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Sumpter250 Wrote:"Keep in mind that I said "more difficult"" 357 357 357 357 357 Icon_twisted

Don,
Wink I've always been - - - "more difficult" - - - 357 357 357

Thanks for the info on that situation.

On a Happy Note. Looks like I will be keeping AT&T for my internet provider. I was considering Comcast, but they never sent "a person" here to see what would be needed, and make the arrangements. Yesterday afternoon, AT&T had people here, and I liked what they were able to do. All the videos were becoming major sources of frustration because of the S L O W
speed of dialup.
All of my contact information should remain as it currently is.
Pete

I wasn't saying that you were difficult, but that moving a post from on place to another was. I did it a day or so ago, and it takes a few steps than that just deleting something. Deleting a double post is OK, but we always like to move any other ones like spam or anything we take out for cause to the Ash Pit just in case we have someone contest what we've done.

Glad you got to keep your provider, from what I've heard, Comcast falls somewhere below the bottom of the list for customer service. I was watching a video yesterday of some guy that called Comcast to cancel, and was on hold for three hours. He used a second phone to call again, and after about five minutes of "press 1 to..., press 2 to...", he found that the service dept was closed for the day. Curse Wallbang 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Glad you got to keep your provider, from what I've heard, Comcast falls somewhere below the bottom of the list for customer service. I was watching a video yesterday of some guy that called Comcast to cancel, and was on hold for three hours. He used a second phone to call again, and after about five minutes of "press 1 to..., press 2 to...", he found that the service dept was closed for the day. Curse Wallbang 35

and with that?-------------------------------Poof ! gone :o Icon_lol , and satisfied with my decision Cheers Cheers
I was in field service for over 19 years, I have a reasonable idea what "customer service should be."
Sumpter250 Wrote:and with that?-------------------------------Poof ! gone :o Icon_lol , and satisfied with my decision Cheers Cheers
I was in field service for over 19 years, I have a reasonable idea what "customer service should be."

As a matter of fact, I read somewhere where Comcast is on the bottom of the list for customer service for all companies in the country. I think it was in a recent issue of Consumer's Report so I guess you dodged a bullet on that one. There was another article on customer service where they interviewed service techs and they said they were intentionally overbooking them so they would never be able to show up on time for the next appointment, or they would tell then that the installation just required them to plug in a box, when in fact they really had to run wires, or something that would take a lot longer than they were scheduled to do. Sounds like a fine bunch of people to do business with. I remember one of my customers tell me once that, "you don't always do things right the first time, but you bust your butt to make it right", and I guess that's what really counts. Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I have a reasonable idea what "customer service should be."
----------------------------------
Yeah,back then.

The modern way:
AB&C (fill the blank).Thanks for calling our customer relations department. Sorry all of our customer relation experts are busy..Please leave your name and phone number at the tone and one of our customer relation experts will return your call.

And the return call never comes.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:I have a reasonable idea what "customer service should be."
----------------------------------
Yeah,back then.

The modern way:
AB&C (fill the blank).Thanks for calling our customer relations department. Sorry all of our customer relation experts are busy..Please leave your name and phone number at the tone and one of our customer relation experts will return your call.

And the return call never comes.

Yup, but if they do call you back, it's at their convenience, not yours.

The other one that's common is when you're on hold for a half-hour and then you hear, "CLICK-CLICK.... buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz", and you have to redial to get back at the end of the line. Curse That can also happen after one person says, "Let me transfer you to Andy Smith, he's our expert on (whatever it is that you're calling about)....CLICK-CLICK.... buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz", and you're at the back of the line again since you have no idea how to directly get a hold of Andy ... Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
"CLICK-CLICK.... buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

THAT, is when the modern convenience of the "telephone" gets replaced by a handwritten letter in an Asbestos Envelope
( yeah it really is that hot ) that reads: Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Dear "CLICK-CLICK.... buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz",

EXPLETIVE DELETED do you think you EXPLETIVE DELETED are!
Call me back at 1 (555) 555-1234, within the next three hours, or EXPLETIVE DELETED you, you EXPLETIVE DELETED :o EXPLETIVE DELETED :o EXPLETIVE DELETED.

Upon returning from the Post Office, I kick back and enjoy a bit of Scotch, single malt, 12 yr. Wink Cheers
Aye, another good deed done, Aahrrrrr Icon_twisted