Hi scenery fans
I saw some of those pix before. Fond memories indeed. I especially like the new ones of the two houses. They look superb, too! I think I remember seeing one of those in construction?

You have the magic touch. [Image: wtg.gif]

Christopher [Image: thclown.gif]
Clowning around with trains.

[Image: BusterA.jpg]
Sumpter250 Wrote:
Quote:The one that shows the duplex house with two different dormers and front porches instantly caught my eye.

If you go back to "the olde place", there's a thread on how it was made.

Val, you accomplish the things I strive for, and too often miss. There is a (for want of better descriptives ), "very natural placement of all the details". Whether in photos, or viewed in person, there is superb composition. I never tire of seeing your work.

Pete, thank-you. Coming from you this means a lot! I feel the same when I look at your incredible work.

TrainClown Wrote:I saw some of those pix before. Fond memories indeed. I especially like the new ones of the two houses. They look superb, too! I think I remember seeing one of those in construction?

You have the magic touch. [Image: wtg.gif]

Christopher [Image: thclown.gif]

Hi Chris - so glad to see you back again, and thanks for much. I still have fond memories of that little tractor I weathered for you. Smile

cheers
Val
Those are awesome pics, scenery and detail! I was also going to say that those houses look very familiar! I live in East York and I've seen many houses like that. This sure looks like Toronto. Keep up the good work. Rob
Rob
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.robertrobotham.ca/">http://www.robertrobotham.ca/</a><!-- m -->
Val,
As I promised a couple of posts ago, here are the pictures of the duplex homes from a mining town in Pa.                

On the ball for sure. Charlie
Charlie, when I looked at that first photo of yours, I thought that those houses looked like two of those Atlasrr "Lovely Ladies Series" homes side by side only narrower.'
Still you could possibly use those Atlas models of "Kate's Colonial Home" as the basis for the twins pictured above if you need to model "Company houses".
Just a thought.
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mr Fixit Wrote:Charlie, when I looked at that first photo of yours, I thought that those houses looked like two of those Atlasrr "Lovely Ladies Series" homes side by side only narrower.'
Still you could possibly use those Atlas models of "Kate's Colonial Home" as the basis for the twins pictured above if you need to model "Company houses".
Just a thought.
Mark
Mark, I may model them , but I don't know if I will have room for company housing. I am running out of room on the layout.
I had however promised I would post these and forgot to do it.
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Val,
As I promised a couple of posts ago, here are the pictures of the duplex homes from a mining town in Pa.

A couple posts, or a couple years!! Thanks - those houses are quite similar to what we have here, although lacking the raised front porches. They were simple houses built for workers. The sad thing is the insane prices they're fetching here in Toronto.
Spitfire, the insane house prices issue is not confined to Toronto, it's happening here in Melbourne as well as the rest of Australia.
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More