Weekly Photo Fun 12/12 - 12/19/14
"Wind Rider" is back at the Seaport Village and Museum

She will probably be heading South, in the next few days, before the snow flies.

Just realized I missed my 6th anniversary here, 8 days ago. Cheers Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
The Mannheim Yard switcher is being kept busy

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

NS 5256 decorated with a little Christmas spirit crossing the drawbridge with a tie train !!!!! :o Confusedhock: Thumbsup

Attached Files Image(s)

NS SD60I westbound today with a manifest freight. Enon Valley, Pa     Charlie
Not railway, but fun. Seasonal Inspiration?

The Begging Bear statue is frequently dressed or decorated.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I took a ride on the Cape May Seashore Lines on Sunday, which was fun. On top of having almost every surviving PRSL RDC (except 1), they also have examples of most of the models I like to build. In fact, CNJ 1523, CNJ 100, and New York Central 37 are all models I am specifically building, (as NJ DOT 5861, 100, and 4437 respectively). They also have a few other Jersey builder coaches, an RS3M,

The GP9 on the front of the train was the PRR's first GP9. It is followed by M-410 and M-407, PRSL RDCs on their home territory. New York Central 37 is next, followed by the ex LIRR MP72 "Good vibrations" converted to a lounge car, then URHS 329, ex CNJ #100, Ex-Empire Builder. Bringing up the rear was Norfolk Southern GP38-3 # 5803, formerly Southern railway GP50 #7030.

[Image: PC141877.jpg]

In fact, I specifically got the opportunity to ride in New York Central 37, which was nice. The car wasn't quite in its original NYC configuration, but there is a strong probability that it IS the way it was when NJ Transit sold it to the URHS in the mid 1980s, which is pretty darn close to what it must have been like in NJ DOT commuter service only 5-6 years prior. My girlfriend and I were seated at the window beneath the "TRAL" In Central.

[Image: PC141944.jpg]

We also got an opportunity to go into the cab of M410, the lead PRSL RDC behind the locomotive, and ride up there for a little while. The speedometer centered on the left hand console reads 25 MPH, track speed for this stretch. Many years ago, PRR Atlantics and Reading Steamers reached 80 MPH+ on this trackage.

[Image: PC141867.jpg]

Out the Engineer's window-

[Image: PC141869.jpg]

It was a pretty cool trip, and I look forward to it next year!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Intentionally (over) stretching the timeline into the 90s to get the perfect running Atlas GP40-2 on the layout for an hour of wonderful smooth switching.
[Image: IMG_3854_zps8ee91f38.jpg]
Reinhard