This is Australia Calling
Hello from Australia, my name is David, I have been involved in model railroading for about 50 years but dont consider myself to be a quality modeler, I guess its because I dont have an artistic bone in my body Icon_lol

I am a total Penn Central nut and love those big black locomotives, no matter what locos I buy they all get the same black spray job and PC decals, that includes some locos that never ran on the PC.

I model to please myself and have a ball doing what I do, both my N and HO scale layouts are small, totally fictitious but look a little like Pennsylvania, my dream is to visit the Station Inn at Cresson PA, I hope to learn and where possible contribute on this forum
Welcome David! Glad you could join us..Always glad to have another Penn Central fan on board! Welcome

Ralph
Hello,

Welcome to Big Blue Trains.

Are you from Australia originally? Seems like more modelers overseas model North American railroads then we here model other parts of the world. I am in Ohio so I am a CSX fan with NS as a second favorite, the both have yards here not too far from where live.

As far as freelancing or doing what you like with trains there is not a thing wrong with that Cheers N and HO are a bit small for me I collect and play with S gauge and O gauge I also scratch build in S, On30, and O (3-rail).
OH NO!!!!! We are being overrun with PC modelers Welcome
My son is an avid PC modeler and I have some PC pictures I post now and again. check the "Photography game" thread, "trains on this day in the past" and there are some in the "Black and White" thread as well.
I like your philosophy on modeling as I do the same thing. I just have fun, try to do as well as I can, and as I learn I go back and do it again. I still have lots to learn, I have only been modeling for 60 years.
We are looking forward to pictures and if you need help just ask, lots of good quality help here. Be sure to check out Ralph's wonderful PC layout. These kids just amaze me Misngth
What part of Australia do you hail from?
Charlie
Thank you all for the welcome it appreciated, Charlie I live near Coffs Harbour New South Wales, not to far away from the main Northern railroad line where I can meditate to the sound of passing EMD and GE diesel engines.

David
Welcome Dave, it's good to see yet another person from down under show up. Glad you found us, looking forward to seeing what you're doing....
Welcome Welcome Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
penncalco Wrote:Thank you all for the welcome it appreciated, Charlie I live near Coffs Harbour New South Wales, not to far away from the main Northern railroad line where I can meditate to the sound of passing EMD and GE diesel engines.

David
I have friends in Sydney that are Samoyed owners. One of them flies over to go to our annual pawty in North Carolina.
Charlie
Welcome Dave Welcome

David wrote: " I have been involved in model railroading for about 50 years but dont consider myself to be a quality modeler, I guess its because I don't have an artistic bone in my body "

Wink - - - - Wink that you haven't yet found. Wink I would suspect that there is at least one. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Seriously, 2285_ welcome aboard, and post some photos. Thumbsup Thumbsup Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Welcome Dave Welcome

David wrote: " I have been involved in model railroading for about 50 years but dont consider myself to be a quality modeler, I guess its because I don't have an artistic bone in my body "

Wink - - - - Wink that you haven't yet found. Wink I would suspect that there is at least one. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Seriously, 2285_ welcome aboard, and post some photos. Thumbsup Thumbsup Cheers

Hi and thanks for the welcome, maybe a small bone or two but my problem is lack of confiidence, when I look at some of the awesome layout pictures that get posted on forums I duck for cover when I look at my own layouts Icon_lol