What's with the blue text words?
While posting a thread,I noticed some words are blue in color almost the same as the blue used on the forum.
What's up with that and is there a way to change them back to white?
Thanks
"My railroad is a figment of my imagination"

BobS
River Witch 14 Wrote:While posting a thread,I noticed some words are blue in color almost the same as the blue used on the forum.
What's up with that and is there a way to change them back to white?
Thanks

That's a new one on me. Unless you have selected a different color by using the "font colour" (yeah English spelling), there should be no reason why something is posted in anything but white, unless it's a link or a URL. Can you direct me to a post where you see that blue text so I can see what you're talking about?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I'm wondering if you have malware which can change the color of some text. If you wave your mouse pointer over the word, does an advertisement or a link pop up. If so, a malware program may be needed. Malwarebytes.org, Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, or Microsoft Security Essentials are good free programs that can fix this.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Don-look just below my avatar.The word location is in a blue that is close to board color. Also Mike's post below yours has at least four words like I mentioned.
I also noticed that this issue also occurs on other sites.

BobS
There are no blue letters at my side. Might be an unique customization of your client/browser?

This is Mike's text copied via copy/paste. All letters look white to me.

I'm wondering if you have malware which can change the color of some text. If you wave your mouse pointer over the word, does an advertisement or a link pop up. If so, a malware program may be needed. Malwarebytes.org, Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, or Microsoft Security Essentials are good free programs that can fix this.
Reinhard
River Witch 14 Wrote:Don-look just below my avatar.The word location is in a blue that is close to board color. Also Mike's post below yours has at least four words like I mentioned.
I also noticed that this issue also occurs on other sites.

Nope, I can't see any blue text either. The first question is, what browser are you using? There might be a clue there in one of your settings. It could be malware, or maybe something is screwed up in your browser. Try something, reset your cache and history in your browser and see what that does. Also, if you have a different browser installed, try using that one and see if anything changes. We will work with you as best we can, this is unusual to say the least.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don-I am using Firefox current version.It's true that you guys may not be seeing some words in blue but I am. I just ran scans for virus,spyware and malware.All were negative.
The only other thing I can think of is that I may have hit the font color button when I was typing a reply but when I open the button I don't see real white so i don't know if I have the proper color selected
if in fact that is the problem. Then again with my arthritis,my hands and fingers aren't working properly either so I could have screwed something up without realizing that I did.
I appreciate your help.It's not really a critical issue just a pain in the ass so I don't spend a lot a time with this.
Thanks

BobS
I don't know if this will work but you could try switching to a different color scheme and then switching back.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Screen shot?

Also, in addition to the browser settings are there universal appearance settings in your operating system (assume Windows something) that may be overriding any other setting?

Andrew
Andrew et all-Since yesterday I have run at least 3 malware scans. In 2 of them the scan found a bunch of non malware items which were deleted.
On the third scan it showed nothing. Currently the issue seems to have disappeared.
Thanks again

BobS
River Witch 14 Wrote:Andrew et all-Since yesterday I have run at least 3 malware scans. In 2 of them the scan found a bunch of non malware items which were deleted.
On the third scan it showed nothing. Currently the issue seems to have disappeared.
Thanks again

Glad that you're making progress. I tried what you asked but couldn't. I sent you a PM a few days ago explaining that, but you must have missed seeing it. I'm willing to help if I can but it looks like you have it under control for now. Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and