Hello, I'm a new member of this forum, my name is Serge and I live in St-Lazare Qc, about 30 min. west of Montreal and about 45 min from Hawkesbury Ont.

My main interest is modeling an Ho scale 12x13 transition freelanced layout.
At the age of 6, I received as a Christmas gift an O gauge Lionel train set, kept it for quite a few years, built a 4x8 layout with real dirt and rocks including my Eldon race track set.

I started HO model train modeling in December 2009 after I gave up Discus fish breeding.

For the moment my layout does not have any landscaping, the reason being is that it will be moved to an other location in the basement in a couple of years from now.
I have quite a few buildings on my layout, mostly plastic kits, I have one Craftsman kit and intend to build a few more.
Most of my buildings have lighting ,shadow boxes and some have interior scenes.
I will eventually post some photos of my buildings.

A special thanks to Dr. Wayne who encouraged me to visit this forum, I was really impressed with the pertinence of the posts and available information on the forum.

Thank you for letting me join this forum and I hope I will eventually meet other fellow modelers to exchange ideas, visit layouts, swap stuff etc,
I'm quite alone in my neck of the woods, luckily I have my wife who supports and encourages me in perusing my accomplishments in this wonderful hobby.

Have a nice day.
Serge
Welcome Serge , I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself with this bunch ......bunch of what we're not always sure Goldth Goldth

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Welcome, Serge Welcome 2285_ 2285_ Welcome

Can't wait to see some photos. You will find friends, admirers, mentors, a whole lot of new ideas, and perhaps even new levels to take your modeling skills to.

Cheers Dr. Wayne Cheers Serge couldn't come more highly recommended. Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hello Terry and Sumpter 250, thank you for your warm welcome, it's greatly appreciated.

In which section of the forum should I post my photos?

Thank you.
Serge
You can post introductory photos right here, or, go to "Board Index", click on "Shutterbug area" and post where the subject matter of the photo best fits.
In the window you are composing your post in, at the bottom of the window, look for "upload attachment", click on it, and go from there. It's pretty much straight forward, but you can play with it a bit to get a better handle on "what, where, when, why, and how.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hi Serge and Welcome to Big Blue. It's good to see you here.
As for photos, we encourage them, and they're welcome pretty-well anywhere you want to place them. You can place them as attachments, as Pete mentions, or link them from photobucket. For those from photobucket, chose your photo, then click on the img line of data - this will automatically copy it, then simply "paste" that wherever within your post you wish to place it. It'll show as a line of data, which will become the picture once you hit Preview or Submit.
I'm sure others here will enjoy seeing your structure photos as much as I did. Thumbsup

Wayne
Hello Sumpter250, thank you for the infos, much appreciated.

Hello Wayne thank you for the infos and warm welcome,also much appreciated.
I will be posting some photos soon.

Best regards.
Serge
Hello there and welcome. As others have said, we are pleased to have you here and yes, we do like.... nay, we really like photos, and look forward to seeing yours. Lots of friendly folks around here too, so you should feel right at home.
Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Welcome Serge---it's great to have another "Crazy Canuck" on board---looking forward to seeing your layout Cheers
Welcome to the forum Serge from the buired in snow east coast Welcome
Stephen 

Modeling a freelanced, present day short line set in Nova Scotia, Canada. 

https://bigbluetrains.com/showthread.php?tid=9643
Hello Don and CN Nutbar, thank you for your warm welcome; I already feel at home 24.

I have quite a few photos to show you guys, I will start by posting the very first plastic kit that I built and will go progressively to the most recent.

Attached Files Image(s)

Serge
Welcome Serge from far away Wink
Reinhard
Glad you could join us!
Welcome Serge, i think you will enjoy this site,very informative and above all Friendly. Welcome
What its Monday!! Again !!
Welcome Serge, From the frozen southeast corner of Ohio.
You can also start a thread for your photos as I have done with the "trains on this day in the past" thread, and you can have a layout thread like many of us do. I like this forum because the folks are all reasonable and everyone likes to have fun, and the best modelers in the hobby are here too, and they only count their own rivets Goldth .
There are many free lanced roads here as well.
Look around and jump right in.
Charlie