Need help editing signature
Recently I designed a logo for my layout. I uploaded it to photobucket but when I try to insert it into my signature the image is huge with a large white background.
I have re-sized and cropped it a few times but it still won't transfer properly.
Any suggestions as to what I need to do to get this right?
Thanks
"My railroad is a figment of my imagination"

BobS
I think it's a function of the board programming code. Also, we ask that the signature blocks are at a maximum of 6 lines, so any picture you put in your signature would have to be small. Maybe 70 x 70 . Have you re-sized it to those dimensions, and will it still look good at that size?
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Also note that you may have to either use a photo editor to get rid of that white background, or you can try uploading it as a .png. That will normally get rid of any white background.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
If there is already a logo in the avatar why waste bandwidth with one in the sig. line as well?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.
Mike-you make a good point. I'll probably just leave things as they are.

BobS
There is something to be said for what Mike just posted. Sometimes images in one's signature takes away from what they're trying to say or show in their posts. It's OK to put a small image in your siggy, and some members do just that, but most folks just put something there to make some sort of statement. In either case, it's best not to have them sized to the point of distraction.

Oh yeah, we do frown on dancing chickens and bananas.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I do agree with Mikes statement. Also I agree with what you said about an image in the signature detracting from a post.
Is there something going on between a dancing chicken and a banana that they are frowned on? Talk about an odd couple.

BobS
River Witch 14 Wrote:I do agree with Mikes statement. Also I agree with what you said about an image in the signature detracting from a post.
Is there something going on between a dancing chicken and a banana that they are frowned on? Talk about an odd couple.

Individually, they are very irritating and distracting. As a couple, well, I'd hope one day that the chicken would actually catch and eat the banana then peacefully head over to KFC.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Ah! that sounds like it has the potential for a new KFC flavored chicken meal. Misngth

BobS
What about pouncing pandas or zipping zebras or cavorting cats ?????????????? Eek 2285_ Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Hmmmm!!! Interesting creations Mike. Eek Misngth

BobS
Tyson Rayles Wrote:What about pouncing pandas or zipping zebras or cavorting cats ?????????????? Eek 2285_ Cheers
Fortunately for us, no one knows about them, otherwise this place would feel like a zoo. Eek

River Witch 14 Wrote:Ah! that sounds like it has the potential for a new KFC flavored chicken meal. Misngth
Anyone here hear about the new KFC banana-flavored chicken wings? 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don-had a funny feeling that one was coming.

BobS