An update on our gallery
As you might remember, we've had a few problems with our gallery. We found that too many photos there was causing our forum to come to a complete halt whenever someone started looking though it. We had blocked any new entries and over the past few months moved many photos to posts when they were linked to them. Our gallery software is an add-on, and as such, it appears that it is no longer supported. We are concerned that it could still cause problems in the future and could become unstable again. Since the gallery is basically a storage for photo albums, and there are so many off-site photo-sharing sites around now, we've decided it would be best to phase out the gallery entirely. So far we've been able to eliminate about 80% of the content, but we don't want to lose what's left without alerting you first.

If you have any photos in the gallery that you need to save, now is the time to download them to your computer, or move them to Photobuckets or some other photo-sharing site. If you need to preserve any threads or posts that have photos linked to the gallery, let me know and we can arrange to edit those posts to embed the image rather than linking to it. We have done this already to many threads, but the one's that are left in the gallery right now are ones we are not sure about.

Please let me, ngauger or one of the mods know if you need any help, or if we can just go ahead and delete your gallery albums without any concerns. If need be, I can publish a list of the remaining albums, and establish a time frame to delete them that works for you.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD