help downloading old post
I need some help. I recently lost some valuable information that was stored on a computer disc. It was my ENTIRE collection of railroad timetables, rule books and misc. memorabilia. I remembered that I posted that information as part of a attachment here on this forum, way back on May 13th, 2011. As luck would have it, that attachment is STILL here, however, I cannot open the file because, as it states, I need a updated version of Microsoft to do so. Is there any way that some one here may be able to open that file and send it to me via e-mail, without me needing to purchase another Microsoft product? Or, is there another way of doing this that I am not familiar with? I do not want to spend hours re-entering that information on another disc. The file is attached as LIST.2.doc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My e-mail is <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedzabko@roadrunner.com">szabko@roadrunner.com</a><!-- e -->
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!
Steve, I could download the word file. That file and a converted PDF file have been sent via PM to you.
Reinhard
I copied the PDF file content via paste into an email and sent that one too. I am afraid your mail provider strips 220kB attachments. Lets see if 220 kB text will make it.
Reinhard
Glad to see Reinhard is helping you. I downloaded the file and opened it with a very old version of Word, version 2000 and it opened just fine. I also used Kingsoft writer and it did the same. Kingsoft is a free "MS Office" type program and will open .doc files. Libre office is another free office program that should open it as well.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thank you for the help Reinhard...I'm back in business!
Doing my best to stay on track and to live each day to it's fullest, trying not to upset people along the way. I have no enemies.....just friends who don't understand my point of view.

Steve

Let's go Devils!