A couple of new milestones
To put another spin on it, it sure is nice to have a great group of friends online when I'm traveling for work. South Jamaica is NOT the Jamaica they show on TV, so it's kinda the pits being here for the next 25 more days. But being able to log on here in a place that feels so much like home sure is NICE and I thank all of you tremendously for bringing this good old site BACK the way it was and the way it was intended to be.

I fly 7500 miles to the Caribbean to find Union Pacific locomotives, lol. Deano would love it.
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
I'm really glad for this forum. Big Grin I admit to visiting here at least once each day - often more - when I'm at home and when I'm traveling. I also appreciate that I never have to worry about what my young boys might read or see here, that the content is always respectul and appropriate for kids to view. Popcornbeer That is a compliment to everyone here who posts and the moderators who keep a watchful eye and guard the gates. Shoot

I don't know all the work involved keeping this forum up and running - but I sure appreciate it and offer my thanks to all that make the-gauge possible. Thumbsup
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Guys,Its you,the members,that make this a great place to be.. Thumbsup

Thank you!
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
As a pure "user" of this forum, all I can say is I hope that the "Management" of this board does not let sucess go to their heads. Icon_lol

A couple of the other forums are run by "Little Tin Gods" that think because they host the board, they should be able to ban anyone who does not share their opinion 100%.

At least I hope that "bosses" here are above such insecurity and realise that someone else may have a better idea than they have. Icon_lol

It is a hobby for crying out loud and we all know there is more than one way to do everything in this hobby and also more than one place to buy anything in this hobby.

Bottom line is to have fun.
Will Annand
CVR in N Scale
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html">www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html</a><!-- w -->
WIll,

I don't think you have anything to worry about here...! Wink Big Grin

Quote:Bottom line is to have fun.

Absolutely. Cheers

Andrew
Quote:At least I hope that "bosses" here are above such insecurity and realise that someone else may have a better idea than they have.

Bring on the better ideas, the leading edge of the learning curve is the greatest place to be!
We'll only be "bosses", when the "need" arises.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Doing great gang. Keep it going.
Will_Annand Wrote:...A couple of the other forums are run by "Little Tin Gods" that think because they host the board, they should be able to ban anyone who does not share their opinion 100%.

At least I hope that "bosses" here are above such insecurity and realise that someone else may have a better idea than they have. Icon_lol ...

You do remember how things use to be on our forums? Well, you can be darn sure that Neither Mikey or I have even had that attitude, so relax my friend this forum is in sensible hands. Since we have the same mods from days of yore, I think we can speak for them as well. I'll repeat what I've contended since I first found the original forum, I've learned so much more here than I could ever give back.

We always keep an open mind, for what little mind we do have that is... Confusedtooges:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I know most of the gang here and Don, knowing you are at or close to the top, I know things here will be different.
This brings back memories of the old forum that Robin intorduced me too, when that one was good.

Keep up the good work guys. I have two favourite forums I come back to and look around alot. This is one of them and the other is specifically for my scale. Big Grin
Will Annand
CVR in N Scale
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html">www.muskokacomputes.com/CVR-Home.html</a><!-- w -->
Just a quick question- is there still an e-mag?
Take it easy- take the train!
MadHatter Wrote:Just a quick question- is there still an e-mag?
Yes there is and we are preparing to launch another one shortly. It's in the discussion stage right now, but look for an announcement for articles very soon.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Will_Annand Wrote:I know most of the gang here and Don, knowing you are at or close to the top, I know things here will be different.

Don "is" the top - and we let him know it - by blaming everything on him!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Will_Annand Wrote:This brings back memories of the old forum that Robin intorduced me too, when that one was good.

Thanks!! That's exactly whet we were trying to do, go back to our beginnings - so to speak Big Grin

Will_Annand Wrote:Keep up the good work guys. I have two favourite forums I come back to and look around alot. This is one of them and the other is specifically for my scale. Big Grin
Thanks again - all the members are part of making this place run so well Big Grin Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Hey there guys! Glad to see you again! And thanks to steamhead and ez days for letting me know where to find you guys. Thumbsup

And I'm looking forward to the fun. Cheers
MadModeler....Saw your PM at the former watering hole....Good to see you're here and look forward to your always entertaining and informative participation.... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Welcome, we hate to see anyone confused and wondering around aimlessly, so here we are. You will find this spot very comfortable and familiar. Welcome Welcome

We are now three months old and we are very close to having 15,000 posts, that's around 5,000 posts a month, or well over 150 a day. We have an additional 30 new members since I first started this thread, and we are proud to say, not a single one of them are spammers. As you know, we added a simple question to the registration process that seems to baffle spammers. 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and