A couple of new milestones
Yep, Big Blue is now two months old and we have over 200 valid registered members... no spammers, we've been deleting them as they try to register. Thumbsup

Another milestone is that we hit our 10,000 post earlier this month, no prizes for the one that posted it since we couldn't find them if we tried, Icon_lol but that's a good thing regardless since we've been averaging about 150 posts a day, much more than the forum that we all left behind. Cheers

Mikey and I have talked a lot about what's going on here and to say that we're delighted is an understatement. We couldn't be more pleased that you all have chosen to join us here and we're trying to make this the pleasant and comfortable place that we all were use to. I think we've succeeded, and for this we thank you all. Worship Worship Worship Worship

We also thank the mods we have for making this all possible. This couldn't happen without them being here, it just couldn't... 2285_

We are growing at a slow pace, just what we wanted. All are welcome here so remind your friends where we are if you would. Welcome Remember our promise to you, no ads, no corporate interference, no intermingling with other hobbies, just private ownership by people who care about trains. We extend an extra thank you to those that have gone out of their way to support us, we are grateful that you can and did do this for the good of these forums. All of these things makes doing what we have done worthwhile.
Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks to all who set this up. And great work keeping out of the riff-raff!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Cheers Cheers Cheers

Thanks....
Gus (LC&P).
Cheers i was so happy to hear on the "other" site that the old gauge was back up and running.you guys have really done a FANTASTIC job of making our old home again,now with just trains,friends and people who appreciate and love to help others. --josh
2296_ THANK YOU 2296_
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]
Mikey, Don, Pat and all the Mods, we cant thank-you enough for bringing the Big Blue Forum back from the dead!!!

2 Months old and averaging 150 posts per day, id say thats excellent!!! 2285_ Cheers
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
And so far so smooooooooooooooooooooth Cheers
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Yup!! Like Don said, we thank everyone that followed us over here.. It was great to see how much what we built, ewas and is appreciated. The three of us really tried hard, to build a "retro' place, to start all over again, so the most members would feel at home.

It's always nice to hear that we did well, but now we have numbers to back it up.

Thanks Everyone!!!!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks to everyone who makes this such a great web-site.Whenever I log on to this site,I am able to forget all the negativity that seems to dominate our day to day routine---when you think that a hobby can be therapautic ,this is a great example---thanks to the administrators,moderators and all the members
I'd like to put in my tuppence, if I may.
THANK YOU, everyone!!! Cheers Cheers
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
OK, I've read all the above at least three times.....This...makes putting up with all the "stuff" we had shoveled at us, "out there", worth all the effort.
sgtcarl1 Wrote:THANK YOU, everyone!!!
Everyone.........Mikey, Don, my fellow Mods, and most importantly, all of you who followed us over here, and all of you who came back.
From Zealot, through Crowdgather, there were far too many times where I was ready to walk away from the chaos. This....is all the reward I could hope for, I am in good company here. Cheers
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:OK, I've read all the above at least three times.....This...makes putting up with all the "stuff" we had shoveled at us, "out there", worth all the effort.
sgtcarl1 Wrote:THANK YOU, everyone!!!
Everyone.........Mikey, Don, my fellow Mods, and most importantly, all of you who followed us over here, and all of you who came back.
From Zealot, through Crowdgather, there were far too many times where I was ready to walk away from the chaos. This....is all the reward I could hope for, I am in good company here. Cheers

Yeah - I remember all that Big Grin Thanks for sticking it out with us. Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks for the happy statistics Don and thank you everyone for making this forum THE place to be! Thumbsup
Ralph
As somebody who did, in fact, walk away from the cr@p on Zealot, can I just say that I found the Gauge was back up completely by accident - and it really is like it "used to was". Well done guys, and the best for the future Thumbsup
Shortliner (Jack) away up here in the Highlands
There's not a day that goes by that Mikey and I don't think and talk about what has happened here and why we had to do what we did. there we were, the both of us with the responsibility of running a train forum that was being overseen by a commercial enterprise that had no interest in what we were all about and intermingled with other hobbies that were as strange to us as basket weaving or scrapbooking. We wanted to go back to dealing with the purpose of why we had a forum in the first place, train, trains and nothing but trains... not with the mechanics of running a forum that seemed to be consuming all our time there or with supervising other groups like R/C racers. We could sense the uneasiness around us, but we tried to make the most of what we had and did our best to keep everything together. It just wasn't working, and I guess we didn't realize how bad things really were until we announced the opening of these forums. We find now, as before all the changes took place over there, that with the right group of people, we didn't need to worry about how things were run. With few real "rules", everyone knows how to act and basically we are self-policing and the whole atmosphere changed back to the way it used to be.

We are all proud of what we've done here, not just Mikey, Pat and myself, but the whole lot of you, mods and members alike. I'm just hoping that you are as happy about this as we are... and we're delighted. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I was just looking through the forums here and noticing all of the folks I remember from the old Gauge that had left us at various times as the old forum morphed into the Zealot. I almost expect to see a post by Shamus or Robin, but some things just are not possible. Sure is nice to be home!