Grande Valley Railway in N version 4.0
Here's a updated drawing showing a few changes to the layout platform itself.You will notice that 3 of the 4 inside corners are coved (curved for those of you that think differently than me :mrgreen: )The squared corner is for easier access to the electrical service in the event of a tripped breaker.

[Image: GVR_4.0-2.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Nuther update pic or two.Fashia to the left is still brown because I need to mount the DCC panel and the double pole double throw center off toggle switch (which I still need to buy).Then once they are mounted and I get holders for both the NCE controller and the Control Master 20 controller mounted then I will paint the fashia black to match the rest of it.

[Image: GVR-Layout_4.0-d.jpg]

[Image: GVR-Layout_4.0-e.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Since the layout is going to be DC and DCC and both systems have walk around throttles I decided I needed holders for them.One of the other club members had a bunch of New Rail Models holders so for $10.00 I bought two of them.The DC system is a Control Master 20 and the power cord comes out of the top,of the hand held which is a bit narrower than the NCE walk around hand held so some surgery was required.I narrowed the holder .250" and closed the bottom to support the unit when not in use.

DC holder on the left DCC on the right.FYI if you need to alter one of these you will ne CA to glue it back together.

[Image: holsters-1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Here is a pic of the Control Master 20 handheld in it's new holder.Once I get the toggle switch mounted and the DCC installed I will decide if the CM 20 handheld will stay where it is or be moved over to the right with the DCC hand held taking it's place.

[Image: holsters-2.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

I've been putzing around trying to find space for more of my larger buildings.This pic shows you the progress so far.Starting from the left is Cassar Electronics on the old layout it was rail served on this it is strictly truck served.In the center is Fowler's Fine Furniture ,they are still rail as well as truck served.On the right is Kindel Furniture a real company in my hometown that is still owned by the Kindel family.Kellett Transfer and storage has been moved to the old location of Kindels which you can see up page.

[Image: GVR-Layout_4.0-f.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Looks like there will be some serious business going there!
Mike

Starting on the residential area.I just finished the Kate's Colonial home on the right.The houses are the same kit which only comes in the dark green and cream of the house on the left. I will probably do some detail painting on the left hand house if for no other reason than to make it my version.

[Image: Kates-Colonial_1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Nice homes Catt!
Mike

Looking good Catt, I have a few of those throttle holders too, real handy.

Cheers
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->
Thanks guys, not making much progress lately.It seems like the only thing I can lately is make myself tired. I got a spurt on energy this week so I built the two tone blue house but what a PITA it was nothing like the cream and green one which practically assembled its self.Oh well the boss likes them and if she's happy I'm happy.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Catching up on some old projects a little at a time.This particular one is making new headhouses for Gorman Grain.This is the first one done (except for a possible colour change)So far I have no money invested as this one was built from left overs from other projects.In case you are the curious type the head house is made from left over Pikestuff metal building kits.

The silos are made from schedule 80 PVC tubing .They definitely have some heft to them. :mrgreen:

[Image: GGS-headhouse-1.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

As I said at RR-L, some of your industries are bigger than my layout! 2285_
Mike

I think that the reason for my industries seeming so large to you may stem from the fact that we are modeling vastly different eras as well as locations.I think your layout is much nicer than this one will ever be and I am one of your biggest fans.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thanks Catt, but I don't think mine is any nicer just different. I do realize you are modeling modern mainline ops and I'm modeling 60's era podunk branch and shortline.
Mike