Grande Valley Railway in N version 4.0
Progressing nicely Catt.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Still a work in progress Mike.I am currently building a new larger load/unload shed. This one will be two tracked and slightly over 100' long.I have it built ,just working on the roof right now.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Nuther update for Gorman's.New load/unload shed is built and installed.There are now two tracks going through the shed for expedited loading or unloading.Next up will be some track painting and installing ground throws for the turnouts,then scenerydited loading or unloading.Next up will be some track painting and installing ground throws for the turnouts,then scenery. :mrgreen:

Took this pic from the opposite end just to give a different view of Gorman's.

That gray building to the far left side of the pic is Kellett Transfer and storage.There will be pics of it posted shortly (over the weekend if I'm lucky).

[Image: Gorman-Grain_rebuild-5.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Latest update for Gorman Grain.Hopefully tomorrow I can start doing basic scenery for this end of the complex so I can get back to getting the Z scale brackets installed and the Z scale layout setting on them.

The reason for needing the scenery done is the Z layout is wider than the N scale so once it is in place I won't be able to reach in here and do scenery (both layouts are going to be 48" to the rail head).

[Image: Gorman-Grain_rebuild-6.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thumbsup Applause
Mike

Whenever I see photos of your layout I think:

space, space, space, space, he got the space Big Grin
Reinhard
Reinhard,
My layout is in N scale and is 10'6" by 8'10", or just about 1/3rd the size it used to be.This grain elevator complex is just over five actual feet long (roughly two feet longer than when it was part of the big layout).

Sometimes I miss that big layout but then I remember that I may actually live long enough to get this one done. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

As of 11 pm Friday ,June 3rd 2016,this is Gorman Grain. Technically I can now start hanging the brackets to support the Z layout,but I am having to much fun working on the N. So the Z is going to wait till next Monday.

[Image: Gorman-Grain_rebuild-7.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Now that's an industry that really needs rail service! Cheers
Mike

Mike, it is getting close to 6' long. Eek

Ok,last update photo on this area for awhile.I need a little more detailing by the out building but it can wait for a few days.
My back is feeling pretty good this morning so it is time to start thinking Z!

[Image: Gorman-Grain_rebuild-8.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

Thumbsup Applause Cheers
Mike

Last pic for a little while (got to get serious about getting the Z layout set up). I was asked how many cars the yard would hold.I did not really know so I filled it.There are 44 cars right now and there is room for 6 more. :mrgreen:

[Image: Gorman-Grain_rebuild-8.5.jpg]
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

1990_dancing Worship
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Applause Applause Applause
Cheers Cheers Cheers
Mike

IH Cargostar cabover .it is 3D printed bought from James Will.I do not know where he had this printed but it is PERFECT so it oviously is not a Shapeways print.This flatbed was sent to me as a sample of what he plans to do ,my order was for two of these cabs to use on some of the way to many Athearn Ford Model Cs that I own. (over 20 and that is just the N scale units Eek )

[Image: IH-Cargostar-flatbed-1.jpg]

I was informed by James Will this AM that these were indeed printed by Shapeways.I've never had any Shapeways product this smooth. Now I am really impressed with the quality of these parts.
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"