HO Scale Trucks/vehicles
I know there is an exception to everything, but the NJSP only put the State Trooper marking on the right side front fender of their patrol cars. Where did you get the airdam for the Mack CH?

Bruce
Hmm I never realized that before Bruce about the State Trooper logos, the car came with the decals on there so I'm just going to leave it. The Mack air dam is an A-Line product #50023, there's a couple on eBay I got mine from the a-line website but you need to place a minumum dollar amount order.
I got my order of decals in the mail, if anyone buys decals from the website I posted take note they are peel and stick not water slide. I didn't realize it until they wouldn't come off the backing after a few minutes in water. I think they came out pretty good, the smaller lettering could be a little better but all in all pleased. From a distance you know it's a FedEx delivery van.
[Image: image.jpg1_zpsf0aywky3.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg2_zpskqhi4ltw.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg3_zpswidxqvtm.jpg]

I also got Bulkmatic and New England Motor Freight (NEMF) decals for a straight truck but haven't decided if it'll be a GMC or Peterbilt truck. For the Roadway Mack, instead of trying to match the factory orange paint I'm going to paint the cab and air dam in Great Northen orange. I think it'll be a similar shade to the roadway orange. Hopefully I'll have some more updates soon.
Haven't done much modeling lately so today I finished the roadway Mack using a-line decals, mirrors and spare tire rack to the Athearn trailer. I added a-line hazmat placards and mirror to the FedEx van and put a Boley gmc cab on an Athearn box truck. Not really sure what I'm going to do with it though, I was going to paint it in a NEMF scheme but the cab has details on it that will get lost by painting it. The wheels will definitely get replaced, the spoke wheels don't seem to fit.
[Image: image.jpg2_zpsumqlqosa.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg1_zpsthj0joto.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg4_zpsemqovze1.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg1_zpswc7re9oe.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg3_zpsvbq2xw8y.jpg]
I added 5 hole budd wheels and painted the running board black and looks better to me, I removed the panels and will be replaced with styrene..that's about it for now.
[Image: image.jpg1_zpswi63vqnk.jpg]
Nice job of matching the paint on the Roadway airdam. Thumbsup What paint did you use or did you custom mix it?

Bruce
Thanks Bruce, I used Polly scale great northern orange
Added some styrene panels and Ryder truck rental decals.
[Image: image.jpg1_zpsxrkkcaau.jpg]
I did a NEMF box truck today, Athearn chasis with a Boley gmc cab and a-line wheels.
[Image: image.jpg1_zpsmhx5mzjb.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg1_zpsskf06f4u.jpg]
Gee GMC have had the same basic styling for the cab of that truck since the early "80's.
I used to see the trucks from the local council depot setting out in the morning while on my way to secondary school.
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Rscott417 Wrote:Added some styrene panels and Ryder truck rental decals.
[Image: image.jpg1_zpsxrkkcaau.jpg]

Very nice made contemporary trucks Thumbsup
Have you ever heard of North Carolina open top box trucks?
They made them this way:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOurP8ItBk4">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOurP8ItBk4</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://11foot8.com/">http://11foot8.com/</a><!-- m -->

Lutz
Oh Lutz Your Evil. Applause

Strange what fun entertainment it is watching trucks get "modified". Popcornbeer

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
357 great video, I could watch that all day
Next will be an Old Dominion freightliner century and 28' foot trailer. I just ordered the cab kit and walthers single axle international donor and have an Athearn A-P-A trailer that I'll use.
[Image: odfl307052_zps36zn4ywz.jpg]
If you are going to strip the APA trailer, would you be interested in a trade for two undecorated Railpower 28' pup trailers? One would be a smooth side and the other one is ribbed. They have two hole wheels and the tires are the same material as the trailers. I may also have a MicroScale OD decal set for the tractor and trailer, will have to check on that.

Bruce