Ability to delete a post
Sometimes I have posted an item that was incorrect or otherwise out of place. Could we have the ability to delete the complete post for a 24 hour period rather than show our stupidity to the group. Some times an edit does not give the poster enough control to remove the incorrect information. I know the old site let us delete posts for a long time, some forever. I know you can request a moderator to do it but by then my blunder is exposed to everyone and the illusion that I am perfect is shattered. Goldth
Charlie
Well, you've shattered my illusion by admitting that you're not perfect. :o I tend to ignore typos and other errors as I blame them on the computer., so in my eyes, everyone is perfect.... Applause

Anyway, everyone has a full 1440 minutes, (24 hours) to edit their posts. After that, we have to assume that you meant what you said. 357 357 357

Seriously, if you cannot edit a post before that timeout, let me know, I just checked the setting and that's what's allowed.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Edit is fine, but there are times I want to delete the whole thing. If you try that in and edit you get the message there are not enough words and it reverts the post back to the original one. I admit it doesn't happen often but there have been a couple times I wanted to just delete it and forget it.
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Edit is fine, but there are times I want to delete the whole thing. If you try that in and edit you get the message there are not enough words and it reverts the post back to the original one. I admit it doesn't happen often but there have been a couple times I wanted to just delete it and forget it.
Charlie

Only mods and admins can delete a post. What you can do is delete your text and replace it with a few: Crazy Big Grin Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol , of just say, "oops, sorry about that" and that will give you enough characters to satisfy the count.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Crazy Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Works for me
Charlie
Charlie B Wrote:Crazy Worship Worship Worship Worship Worship Works for me
Charlie

Whatever you do, don't say, "please ignore", 'cause if you do, you'll get about two-dozen replies.... Crazy Crazy
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Whatever you do, don't say, "please ignore", 'cause if you do, you'll get about two-dozen replies.... Crazy Crazy
Been there, done that, and have the Tee Shirt.... Goldth