Problems posting pictures
Have been having problems posting multiple pictures in the same post. I used to be able to write a text then load a picture from my computer and place them in line with the text and then continue with a text and pictures up to five photos. Now when I do this all the photos go to the top of the text and are not in order. Any suggestions?

Bruce
Bruce:
I find that at some point in my looking up and importing the pictures the cursor location in the text is lost and the photo tag gets placed at the start.
After I import my picture, before I insert in text, I move the cursor back to where I want it. I also notice that the trailing C/Rs or <Enter>s get stripped at this time.
If I bring in multiple pix without using "insert in text", they line up in reverse order, and appear that way at the bottom of the post.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
What I do is type my text and leave a few spaces wherever I want each of my photos to go. I then import those photos. Note that there is a box below each photo name labeled, "place inline". I move the cursor to one of the spaces I left where I want a particular photo to go and click on, "place inline". I repeat that procedure for each photo. This way, you can set where each photo goes inside the text, and you don't have to import them in any particular order. Basically, the same thing that David is saying, the photo will be placed where the cursor is in the text when you do it this way, otherwise all the photos will appear at the end of your post.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Tried what was recommended and had the same results. My pictures are posted as an attachment, I do not use a hosting service.

Bruce
There were no problems. I worked as all times.
Set courser on a new line, pressed immage button and inserted address on exact courser position - between image opening an closing tag.
(My pictures are stored on an external server.)
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
bdw9535 Wrote:Tried what was recommended and had the same results. My pictures are posted as an attachment, I do not use a hosting service.

Bruce

What size are the picture files and what format are you using? Files should be less than 250K, be no larger than 800 x 600 pixels, and the format should be one of these:
gif
jpeg
jpg (preferred)
png
tga
tif
tiff

Files larger than 250K can sometimes be displayed as thumbnails or even as attachments. I try to keep my photos under 150K and around 640 x 480. That way they load fast and appear without scroll bars to most everyone with smaller monitors. I also just go to "upload attachments" and locate the photos that I want to upload that are on my computer. I would not use the "Img" button unless the image is on a different server on the Net.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Thanks everyone for the help, everything is working. I was not resetting the cursor before clicking on the- place in line.

Bruce
Why do I see this message when I am not logged on, "you do not have permissions to view the files attached to this post." If you have to be logged on to view don't you think this is going to deter others that are not members from looking at this site.

Bruce
bdw9535 Wrote:Why do I see this message when I am not logged on, "you do not have permissions to view the files attached to this post." If you have to be logged on to view don't you think this is going to deter others that are not members from looking at this site.

Bruce

Sorry about that, we had a condition where we were allowing visitors to send email to members without them having to log in. I changed a few settings to correct that and I thought that I allowed visitors to be able to view everything. I'll go back and see what I've done since our intent was not to block anyone from viewing anything, just not to be able to send email, PM's or download without logging in.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
OK, apparently, we need to enable guests to download files in order for them to see them, so I made the change. Try it and see if it works. This all started a few days ago when we were being spammed by email by "anonymous", who turns out, wasn't registered.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Thanks, it's back to seeing with out logging in.

Bruce