Active topics - seen only with login?
Hallo admins,
I have a prpbem since a few days, maybe two or three weeks.
My standard bookmark for Big Blue is saved as search on "View aktive topics" and regulerly I'm not logged in when I use this bookmark for a fast view on new or changed topics. And so Big Blue was working all the times where I’m a member.
Since two or three weeks now I receive with identic conditions the answer “Sorry but you are not permitted to use the search system.” The reason is that I’m not logged in at this moment! After a login the search for active topics works again like all times before. However I would not be constrained to log in in order to see these active topics and I'm not lucky with the system in this present form!
Please let my know if this change is your intention or is this a small bug only together with another change of system?
I would be lucky if the old condition would be installed again, please.
And thanks for your answer!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Sorry about that. The other day we were getting spammed by strangers through our email system and so I tried to plug that hole. As a result, I disabled too many things for "guests". I forgot that the search system is used when you "view active topics", even for guests. You should be able to use that function now. I've enabled it again. You still cannot send email using Big Blue if you are not logged in. That's the intent.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Gracias. I tend to only login when I'm ready to post something, and normally use the active topics search when I browse.
Don, thanks!
Works as (or how?) before! - Sorry, I never understand this difference in use of as or how!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Bloody Spammers!!!!! Dont they have anything better to do with their lives?

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
No Mr. Fixit,,, they don't.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
"How sad that they use their skills for Evil instead of Niceness" to paraphrase Maxwell Smart.

And when their Eulogies are read; "He created thousands upon thousands of Spam messages to clog up the world's email system."

Some achievement in life. Nope

Sad very sad.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More