Have You Ever Ordered The Wrong Scale?
I must be going senile! I saw a good deal on some stock cars and just about got through the order when I realized they were "N scale". I will go and check myself in now. Crazy
Has anyone ever ordered the wrong scale?????
Almost. It was very close :o
Reinhard
Nope, but I did order N scale and they shipped HO. Yes, they just said keep it (order entry was correct, warehouse people pulled the wrong stuff) and they reshipped the order correctly.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I've almost done it myself a few times. I look for very particular things, and when I find those rare pieces, its easy to get excited and miss the fine print!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
I sometimes get very excited by a magazine review or announcement and then note by the couplings or something that it's not my size.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
A lot of advertisements are confusing abut the scale being offered, as though the reader is supposed to somehow know without being told.

I contact the company and ask them, and I tell that I'm doing it because their ad wasn't clear.
Almost bought a Atlas GP38 lettered for Rail America on e-Bay for $75.00-a good price seeing they're hard to find and luckily I notice it was N Scale and not HO. Wallbang
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
I haven't, but had a call from Microscale when I ordered decals for ho and n scales. I had to explain that I was modeling piggy back trailers for Santa Fe and doing both 40 foot and 20 foot trailers. Microscale only made decals for 40 foot trailers, but the Santa Fe circle-cross sign and name in n scale 40 foot trailer set was pretty close to scale for a 20 foot trailer.
BATMAN Wrote:I must be going senile! I saw a good deal on some stock cars and just about got through the order when I realized they were "N scale". I will go and check myself in now. Crazy
Has anyone ever ordered the wrong scale?????

N scale isn't the wrong scale! Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
I have almost done that a couple times when looking at eBay. The seller has it listed as HO scale and at first glance it may look like HO. Once you take a closer look or take a look at the box it is pretty easy to tell. If I am feeling nice I usually try and message the seller as some of them have no idea what they are selling.

When I worked for a hobby shop we had a guy come in that had ordered from Trainworld and was complaining about their service. He had ordered an HO scale diesel and they sent him an N scale steam engine and were refusing to take it back because the number he had ordered matched the n scale steam engine part number. I kind of felt bad for him but made sure to explain our return policy and that if he had ordered through us he would not of had this problem.
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
I did it almost two days ago. I looked for HO Maine Central caboose on US ebay and found a nice set of two. The description and the high price was unique. They had red end lights and internal illumination. The photos showed a lot of details. I wondered of the brand with that nice features, possible Rapido? ... scale was O and not HO :-(
Reinhard