"Magoun pier" The beginings of my layout
I downloaded the photos into a folder and use them as backdrops on my iMac. Every minute another masterpiece.
Reinhard
Ensign Wrote:Thanks very much! It's always nice to get positive feedback from your modelling peers.

Greg
I really had to look many times to be sure these were not actual dock scenes. I will never come close to being a modeling peer of yours, I am too old to have enough time to catch up, but I must say, you do wonderful modeling, and thanks for sharing these.
Charlie
Fantastic modeling ! Thumbsup There for a couple of minutes I thought I was looking at photos of what you planned to build. Worship
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Thanks very much guys! For your very nice comments, I really appreciate them!

Here is the good ship "Langell Boys" being unloaded by hand at Magoun pier. These ships were known as lumber hookers on the great lakes.

Another scene showing a truck picking up goods from the loading docks at the pier.

Greg
Greg,
absolute geat modeling! Phantastic scenery and detailung!
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Absolutely gorgeous and incredible! The night shots and lighting are very effective!
Thanks very much! Bernhard & Ralph, for your very kind words indeed.

Here is another view of Magoun pier, this time from the street side which in fronts on.
I still need to light a couple of structures, like Mallerich's Magic shop you see in the forground of this photo.
And the Nilsson Sail factory near the the upper right in this photo, the one with the nice looking tower on it.

Greg
When I saw the first image I thought is was the real prototype for your model!

Outstanding work!

I hope someday you have the room to do the layout it could become a part of - I would really like to see that. Thumbsup
Amazing work and photography !

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Thanks for your nice posts! MountainMan & teejay.

Greg
Absolutely Marvelous!!! Worship Worship
"One difference between pessimists and optimists is that while pessimists are more often right, optimists have far more fun."
Ensign Wrote:Thanks very much! Bernhard & Ralph, for your very kind words indeed.

Here is another view of Magoun pier, this time from the street side which in fronts on.
I still need to light a couple of structures, like Mallerich's Magic shop you see in the forground of this photo.
And the Nilsson Sail factory near the the upper right in this photo, the one with the nice looking tower on it.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Greg

Your modelling is superb, but how likely would a Magical Shop be on a working pier? :?:
MountainMan Wrote:Your modelling is superb, but how likely would a Magical Shop be on a working pier? :?:

With magic anything can happen! Tongue

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
MountainMan Wrote:
Ensign Wrote:Thanks very much! Bernhard & Ralph, for your very kind words indeed.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Greg

Your modelling is superb, but how likely would a Magical Shop be on a working pier? :?:

Well my answer to that is, it's not actually on the pier, it's on the street in front of the pier.
Rental properties down by the pier are a little less expensive than having a retail outlet right downtown.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Greg
Ensign Wrote:Well my answer to that is, it's not actually on the pier, it's on the street in front of the pier.
Rental properties down by the pier are a little less expensive than having a retail outlet right downtown.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Greg

Fair enough.