doctorwayne's Get off yer duff Challenge (Part II)
The new rolling stock looks great, Wayne. It's great to see a bit of work turning the older equipment into the detailed results that you have.
Here's the almost-complete Tangent tank car kit...

[Image: Tangent%20tank%20car...01.jpg]

Only the placard boards and cut levers need to be added before it's ready for paint, but I'm not too crazy about the mounting system used for the cut levers, and will likely fashion my own.

Wayne
Great new rolling stock!
Nice to see your simple work for well usable and good looking models!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
Another of the train show cars finished, this time the former Seaboard gondola from Ertl. It's difficult to know if the CNR ever had any cars of this style, but there are now two of them on my layout. The camera is still making this car look like it's related to a camel, but the car is actually perfectly straight and level...

[Image: Ertl%20gondola...%20001.jpg]

...rust from the car's sides and from various lading, along with dirt, has discoloured the planks of the homemade "wooden" floor...

[Image: Ertl%20gondola...%20002.jpg]

The kit-built Tangent tank car is ready for paint, while I've yet to order lettering for the other three mostly-finished Tyco gondolas. I also have an Accurail stockcar, another train show find, but the kit came with no floor, and am waiting for one from my LHS. Unless I stumble across another "must have" freight car there, the five mentioned here will finish this part of my Challenge.

Wayne
Excellent work!
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Don't worry about the cresting effect in the pic, it just makes it look more prototypical. Most real rolling stock has a slight arch to it. That includes locomotives.

:wait: That boxcar looks somewhat familiar. :wait:
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
e-paw Wrote::wait: That boxcar looks somewhat familiar. :wait:

You referring to this one? Crazy

[Image: DLW%20USRA%20BOXCAR...%20002.jpg]

I thought that I had a photo of it already, but couldn't find it anywhere. The one above was taken about two minutes ago.
The car is an Accurail kit, with a few details added and lettering from C-D-S.

Wayne
I'm sorry, but did I just count 18 pieces of rolling stock you worked on and have gotten on your layout since the end of November? That's pretty impressive! Worship Worship Worship

Mark Thumbsup
twilight Wrote:I'm sorry, but did I just count 18 pieces of rolling stock you worked on and have gotten on your layout since the end of November? That's pretty impressive! Worship Worship Worship

Mark Thumbsup

Thanks, Mark, but I dunno....I may be out of control. Crazy Misngth I hadn't counted until you mentioned it, but I still have three more scratchbuilds to complete (start) in Part III of my Challenge, and that 2-6-6-2 in Part I. I'm getting close to the end with freight cars, I think, although every time I find an interesting photo of one, it's hard to resist building a model of it.
I still have close to a dozen locomotives to re-work, a bunch of passenger cars and cabooses to scratchbuild, and lots to do on the layout for which they're all being built. Maybe it's time to cull the herd. Eek

Wayne
This is a revision to a previous post, as while I was editing it, and then attempting to re-post it, got a warning that there were 17 photos in the post, while only 15 are allowed.  It seems very odd that 17 were allowed 5 years ago, but all of a sudden it's an issue in 2021?

Here's the copied text and photos which originally belonged in an earlier post.

After the initial repairs, the LV automobile boxcar got a brush-applied touch-up of its paint, followed by some airbrushed light weathering....

[Image: 2016-2017%20CHALLENGE%20CARS...%20032.jpg]

The Fowler boxcar, from Westerfield, was also completed, but its C-D-S dry transfers were well-past their "best before" date, and I couldn't salvage them, even by trying to apply them to decal paper. I thought about buying a new set, but instead, turned it into a company car for work service duties...

[Image: 2016-2017%20CHALLENGE%20CARS...%20038.jpg]

Wayne
Wayne, the other software we had might have allowed 17, but this one is set to 15 photos or one video and as far as I know, it hasn't ever been any different. I remember the old TheGauge had a restriction of five photos per post. We also allow a post to have 65,535 characters (default), that maybe is the reason spammers are able to dump some of their very long tirades.

BTW, I'm always amazed at the details and craftsmanship in your photos. Even the photos themselves are above the norm. Great work.
Worship Worship Worship Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks for your kind words, Don.  I do sometimes get carried away when posting photos, as they often can better illustrate a method or technique better than a lot of words...and yeah, I do the lot-of-words stuff, too.

Wayne
As Don said, great models, great photos!
Mike

Thanks for your comment, Mike, but I'm not making much progress on anything lately.  It might be time for me to get off my duff and do something, contest or not.

Wayne
I haven't done anything on my home layout in months, only at work. Maybe if I paid myself to work on my home layout???? Big Grin
Mike