Free-Mo Club
To give a brief background , back in about 2003 I joined a local mrr club that was exclusively 4' x 2' modules and used a triple main line system . This din't allow for much variety as essentially trains went round and round . There was much talk about going to a free-mo system with a single main so as to offer more opportunities for more realistic railroading . At the last minute , the powers that be opted for a large permanent layout ( that I did a lot of scenery work on and posted pics in the past ) so there were a number of disgruntled members .

Those members , and several others , formed their own free-mo club about 3 years ago and I was invited to view an op-session last night . There is about 500 running feet of main line assembled and running ( Digitrax DCC ) and although there are a number of stretches of " plywood central " , a lot of progress has been made . Here's a few pics from last night .

Attached Files Image(s)

To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
more...

Looks like they are off to a great start T., are you going to join em' ?
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
No Mike , my club days are over with as I have to care for my wife ...the little home layout will suffice .