Can anybody help me?
I'm trying to find a way back issue of Model Railroader.I had a copy, but it seems to have been eaten by the Black hole (or the carpet monster) that lives in my room It contains an article and a diagram, with (I think) a cutting list, for a modellers working and tool tray - The tool tray has individual vertical compartments and holes to hold files, modelling knives, pliers, screwdrivers etc. I know for a fact that it ISN't in March 1962 which I have just bought at great expense from USA ( I'm in UK). If anyone has a copy, or could provide a scan or photocopy, or even an issue number, I'll be eternally grateful
TIA
Jack
It would greatly help to know which specific issue you are looking for? Barring that, contact the magazine itself - they keep an index of all of their articles and can quickly locate this one for you.
MountainMan Wrote:It would greatly help to know which specific issue you are looking for? Barring that, contact the magazine itself - they keep an index of all of their articles and can quickly locate this one for you.

Two problems. #1- I have no idea which issue it is in - which is why I asked. #2 I'm in UK, so getting involved in long distance phone calls is rather expensive. I used the NMRA index which is how I wound up with the wrong issue and at $20+ dollars through the ebay Pitney-Bowes service, and about a fortnights wait for it to arrive - I thought it might be more sensible to ask on line. I had hopes that somebody might have the Multi-issue CD and be able to search - my guess it was in the sixties or seventies.
Thanks to those who looked - I have had a message to say that the one I need is February 1990. My problem will be solved
Jack, I suggest you go to the Model Railroader Forum and ask your question there. They used to have an on-line index of past MR magazines, but it's now a digital version which requires payment (a subscription). However, there's a good chance that someone there will remember the article and not only have it, but be willing to send you a scan of it.

Wayne
shortliner Wrote:Thanks to those who looked - I have had a message to say that the one I need is February 1990. My problem will be solved

My bad - - my cellphone plan includes unlimited long distance, including calls to places like England.

However, I was thinking more along the lines of just sending them an e-mail. Thumbsup
Many thanks to you all
Best
Jack
doctorwayne Wrote:They used to have an on-line index of past MR magazines, but it's now a digital version which requires payment (a subscription).

False. The online index is available at no charge to registered website users: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://trc.trains.com/magazineindex">http://trc.trains.com/magazineindex</a><!-- m -->
Thanks for the link, Brian.

The February 1990 issue does appear to be the one you're seeking, Jack. The article is by Charles Moslander, and is entitled "A Portable Workbench". He also has an article in the April 1991 issue entitled "Build Your Own Mini-shop".

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Thanks for the link, Brian.

The February 1990 issue does appear to be the one you're seeking, Jack. The article is by Charles Moslander, and is entitled "A Portable Workbench". He also has an article in the April 1991 issue entitled "Build Your Own Mini-shop".

Wayne
I may be in line for those articles. I have a bit of space in my den (second bedroom) when we move and that may be just the ticket... a mini-shop just might work.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
shortliner Wrote:Many thanks to you all
Best
Jack

Jack..check your email.
Gene - Thanks, Mate - much appreciated.
Best
Jack