Hi friends - long time no see!!
Hi guys! It’s sure been awhile, and I hope life has been kind to you in the meantime.

I have some major news, and that’s that after 5+ years, my mother's estate has finally been settled and we’ve sold the house!!!

I know I've been out of touch for a long time, and the fact is that I took my model railroad down because we were supposed to be selling the house 6 years ago. I feel bad it’s taken me so long to let you guys know what’s been up, because now I’m moving in less than a week!! Going to be a little more in the direction of downtown, but still a residential area, close to the lake, High Park, and the subway.

It’s a massive downsizing from a 5 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apt but the good news is, there’s a 20 ft long garage, so I’m actually bringing all my train stuff with me for now. Packing it up I can’t help thinking how great it would be to do something with it, like some kind of shelf display with my streetcars. I’m thinking of selling off some of my outsized collection of locos and rolling stock, since I doubt I’ll be running any trains for the foreseeable future. Keeping my favourites of course! I thought of maybe getting a table at one of the shows next year.

Packing is hell, but I’m really looking forward to this move, as it’s going to bring a lot of closure. I’m excited, and a bit nervous i will confess, but only a little bit.

Cheers!
Val
Good luck with your endeavor Val, and it is great to have you rejoin BigBlue
Charlie
Val
I didn't know about your mother, so condolences. Estate work can be a mess.
We seem to be a little short of train shows in Toronto now. The nearest may be Brampton and Whitby, then Ancaster?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Val I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. Good luck with your move. I've always admired your modeling so if you model street cars, trolleys or trains I'm sure we will enjoy seeing what you are up to. Thumbsup Welcome back! 2285_ Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Hi Val! Sorry to hear about your Mum and I wish you the best with your move.

If you recall my hand attack I had in '05 and the how I lost the use of my right hand well, I'm happy to report I gain 80% of use of my right hand and my thumb and forefinger has shown some improvement over the past six months.

On the down size I'm not as active in the hobby as I once was and currently struggling to build a new switching layout and have several modeling projects collecting dust. The last new engine was a BLI SW7.

I do watch a lot of railroad videos and still railfan.

Do drop in more often.. Thumbsup
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Good morning Val, good to see you again. I was hoping you hadn't given up on modeling, I still remember some of your photos... I know what you mean about moving, we moved four times in the last two years, the most recent being last week. I've trashed my layout and brought it to the landfill about two years ago, saving most of the structures. Everything is still in boxes, but now I have the room to start a new one, so good luck with yours as well.

Take care, and we are looking forward to seeing more of you here.... welcome back Welcome Welcome Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks so much everyone!! My mom passed fairly peacefully of Alzheimers some 4 years ago. It was actually a relief to see the end of her suffering, and she did have a long and very full life. It's going to be odd transitioning to apartment living but that garage is going to be a real godsend.

Brakie that's wonderful news about your hand! Good for you!

Don, sorry to hear your layout is no more. I can't imagine moving that often in such a short space of time. I guess you're pretty efficient at packing by now. I'm sure not! I'll be so happy to be settled again.

Tyson, thanks for the encouraging words! Although my layout has been long dismantled, I have ordered a few things over the years that I always wanted and a DCC PCC was one of them. I'm also waiting on a couple of pre-orders.

Charlie - good to see you again.

Thanks also for the condolences all!
Hi Val---welcome back,you've been missed.I'm looking forward to your future modelling projects and pictures.I'd certainly be interested in any of your collection that you're selling.
Welcome back from your sabbatical from Big Blue. I'm so glad to see you return!
You & I have been keeping in contact through Facebook, but allow me to say again how sorry I am about your Mother and everything else. As always, you are in my prayers.

Best of luck with the move and yes, you will be seeing closure. It always helps to relocate after experiencing losing someone. You say there's a 20 ft garage? Like you said, maybe a 20' shelf layout? or isn't that possible? That wouldn't be enough in G scale, but wonderful in HO. Smile Smile

Take care!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:... You say there's a 20 ft garage? Like you said, maybe a 20' shelf layout? or isn't that possible? That wouldn't be enough in G scale, but wonderful in HO. Smile Smile...

Ahh, and even four times better in N scale... Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
"Ahh, and even four times better in N scale... Thumbsup Thumbsup "

AMEN !!!!!! Cheers Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
cn nutbar Wrote:Hi Val---welcome back,you've been missed.I'm looking forward to your future modelling projects and pictures.I'd certainly be interested in any of your collection that you're selling.

Thanks for the welcome back CNN. I will PM you about the collection. Smile

ngauger Wrote:Welcome back from your sabbatical from Big Blue. I'm so glad to see you return!
You & I have been keeping in contact through Facebook, but allow me to say again how sorry I am about your Mother and everything else. As always, you are in my prayers.

Best of luck with the move and yes, you will be seeing closure. It always helps to relocate after experiencing losing someone. You say there's a 20 ft garage? Like you said, maybe a 20' shelf layout? or isn't that possible? That wouldn't be enough in G scale, but wonderful in HO. Smile Smile

Take care!

Thanks so much Mikey. We have, and I always felt I had a connection to this place through you. Smile
It's great to see you back again, Val! Welcome

It's also good to hear that the estate business has finally been resolved. Those kind of things can certainly suck the joy out of life.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:It's great to see you back again, Val! Welcome

It's also good to hear that the estate business has finally been resolved. Those kind of things can certainly suck the joy out of life.

Wayne

Hey Wayne! I tried emailing you but it looks like I have out of date info. Anyway - good to see you in print! I'm much closer to the QEW now, so maybe we could get together when the weather warms up. Smile