Finally Made It Back!
My hard drive finally died of old agea few weeks ago, and to make matters worse, it was one of those multi-terabyte ones so a ton of data, sites, passwords and everything else was locked up inside a dead brain.

Paid a lot of money to the "experts" Icon_lol to resurrect it, and after buying a new hard drive, paying all that money for "data transference" Icon_lol and waiting for a lightning bolt to revive my computer...almost no data left. :cry:

Finally got back here, though, so all is good after all.
I am sorry about your computer disaster. i suggest you talk to a computer literate near you to get a life backup solution.

ps. A life backup is a second harddisk that is frequently (at least daily) updated with the last changes. It is like a mirror of the first one. You simply switch over to the second one in case of a failure of the first one.
Reinhard
Most of us never do manual backups as often as we should, and some not at all. When I hear of a large company being held hostage by someone that locked their data, I wonder, "what happened to their last night's backup? Oh, they don't back up very often either....

Yeah, I should subscribe to automatic backups since I'm as guilty as most and probably haven't backed up in months.

Good luck MM, I hope you find a way of getting all your data back.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
faraway Wrote:I am sorry about your computer disaster. i suggest you talk to a computer literate near you to get a life backup solution.

ps. A life backup is a second harddisk that is frequently (at least daily) updated with the last changes. It is like a mirror of the first one. You simply switch over to the second one in case of a failure of the first one.

I'm doing that now! Thumbsup

Note: My drive has a mirror backup on it, but the "experts" apparently couldn't or wouldn't find it to transfer the remaining data. :evil:
MountainMan, welcome back! I've sent you a PM regarding an issue with your computer problems.

Wayne
I keep nothing of value on my puter, that said being without one sucks. Glad you are back up and running.
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string