The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Hello Blue
We received 7 to 8 inches of heavy wet snow. Totally spoiled my weekend train plans. I did get to the club meet Saturday night. Was too sore this morning to attend the train show.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning all. A rainy week in store here, maybe. Can't be sure what days, chances, where and how much. Forecasts are all over the place, some say today while others say none. Tomorrow's forecast is anywhere from 10% to 80%. Forecasts for the rest of the week are no better, so we just wait and see. Not complaining, just confused....

They had a 2020 Corvette go for $3,000,000 at auction, all going to charity. Not sure if that was the highest price paid for a vehicle this year, they've had some go well above that other years. I'll wait to see if they say anything in the newspaper. Yeah, I still read the daily paper and we still have a landline and plan to keep it as long as they still offer them. An yes, I do have a cell phone, but please don't call me on it. By the time I get to it, the caller has already hung up. It was probably just a robot anyway...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
26 and sunny.  High to be 41.  Burr.  Changed fast here.  Glad no snow to deal with.

Headed east.  Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Greetings, gang.

-1 and cloudy right now headed for +7 and cloudy. Warming trend Wed with rain/snow chances Wed. thru Friday.

Quiet day yesterday. Watched 1 and a half football games. Gave up on Gren Bay at half time. Could be an interesting Super Bowl this year. This morning I'm going to try the gym. First time in a while. Also may go to Menards. They have what they claim is an ultra quiet oilless compressor. I'll see if I can get them to run one to see how quiet it is.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, yup, it did rain some overnight. Suppose to get more this morning, and possibly tomorrow. Our weeds left a thank you note saying that it's been too dry to grow, but I see where they've been trying hard anyway. Had the lawn sprayed for weeds, but they don't seem to care... Nope

Was suppose to go target shooting yesterday, but the holiday got things screwed up, so we're planning on this coming Monday where they say, "a couple of showers possible". We'll go regardless, it may be raining here, but not there. Even if it is, we stop at this truck stop on the way and have a great breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, Denny's have raised their prices once again. Coffee is now $2.69, their biscuits and gravy went from $4.00 to $4.79. Their rational being that they raised the minimum wage here by $1.00 this year. There's a site where you can calculate the cost of inflation. I put in $0.05 for a cup of coffee in 1940, and that relates to $0.94 today, a far cry from the $2.69. Yeah, I know, most places are over $2.00 for coffee, but Brenda's Kitchen still charges $1.00, on target to being adjusted for inflation. Thumbsup Not complaining now, just that our SSI increase was only 1.6%, and they took back most of that for Medicare increases. My wife's net increase was $2.00, almost enough to buy a cup of coffee at Denny's....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Downright chilly this morning at -8. It's going to get better though. High for today is about 20 and near freezing the remainder of the week. The down side is that there will be snow, freezing rain, and rain, making it very difficult for the snow blower as it will be a wet heavy snow.

I did get the air compressor yesterday and it really is quiet. Not much louder than the compressor for my air brush. They had one on display so I spent a little time (actually about 20 minutes) looking for and outlet. Plugged it in and was very pleasantly surprised by just how quiet it is. I'll use the rebate money to buy a hose, tire chuck, and an adapter so it will work with my air brush.

The agenda for today is pretty full. Gym first. Then right after lunch I'm going to follow Frank's suggestion and go the the local garden club. After that I want to get the oil changed on my car. Also hopefully I'll be able to get caught up on my mail. If it isn't delivered I'll have to make a trip to the post office.

Don - count your blessings. After all is said and done I lost about $10 on my social security.

All stay safe.

Tom

(01-21-2020, 06:56 AM)FiatFan Wrote: ...Don - count your blessings.  After all is said and done I lost about $10 on my social security.

All stay safe.

Tom

Tom, I didn't think that they could do that. They're not suppose to take out more than what the increases are. For several years we got no increase because they took it all back for Medicare, Last year when we got an increase, a lot of it went to make up for what they couldn't take the previous years. I wonder what kind of COL adjustments congress gets. Seems fair that seniors should get at least the same percentage that congress does.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don, the problem lies not in the cost of Medicare but in the cost of the drug insurance. I had a hunch it was coming but there's not a lot I can do about it that I know about and it's too late now to switch to another (lower cost) porgram.

Tom

Cold and windy.  Highs in the 30's and wind chill in the 20's.  Cold walk from deck to County Commissioners in courthouse.  Thanks Tom for sharing.  Icon_rolleyes

We got a bear problem at the farms.

[Image: enhance]

Have a good one.
Greetings, gang.

Another snowy day underway in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Could get as much as 6 or 7 inches by Friday evening when it's supposed to be over. The problem is the temperature. Hovering around 32 degrees means it will be a wet, heavy snow which is very difficult for the snow blower to remove. I'll probably be cleaning the sidewalks frequently to make it a little easier.

I got two of three projects done yesterday. Had a good workout at the gym. Then after lunch I went to the local garden club meeting. That was... interesting. First order of business was dessert! Then there was a presentation on building a terrarium, which was actually kind of interesting. The lady even brought 3 different boxes of bugs that she keeps on hand for making the terrariums.

When I got home it had not warmed up as much as I had expected so the oi change got put off until next week. Turned on the impeachment hearings and all I heard was stuff we've been reading about so I shut that off.

When I was on the MRR site this morning they now have available the last 10 years of Model Railroader magazine available on DVD. A nice companion piece to the 75 year DVD. My copy is already on order. Here's the link:

https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/product/d...RR-MRV-HBS

Frank - at least you don't have to deal with lions and tigers. Oh, my!

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everyone. Nice day yesterday, rained on and off all day. Really wet this morning causing lots of fog. Yeah, rare here in Phoenix, but it does happen. So does snow, but that's even rarer....

Got our Facebook thing going. Don't know how that's going to work out, but it's there if you want to use it, otherwise, we're here and not going anywhere soon...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
UPDATE: The MR DVD is "back ordered" until March 31st.

Tom

Morning.  39 in the sun and windy.  Wifey wants to blow leaves in the wind.  Blow them out of beds, suck them up with mower and dump them back on beds [will be mulched].  Then cover with pine straw.  Too cold for such.

Getting a 6 Powhatan passenger cars to pull behind the J.  Found them on OGR board.

All have a good one.
Good morning all, got some nice weather in store, temps from 70 on up to the high 70's for a far as the guessers go. Got a low chance of rain there as well, but not enough to change any plans.

Speaking of plans, had lots of appointments yesterday, busy morning today, but I should have some time to work on my layout. Got a sheet of thin flexible white plastic at Home Depot. Going to use part of it for my fascia, and some for a backdrop. It has a rough texture and takes paint nicely.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Mild and foggy this morning. 32 right now headed for 32 with 5 mph winds. Downright decent for January.

Ran the snow blower again this morning. According to the forecast this should be the last time for this "snow event." Up next is a trip to the gym followed by the construction of a pot of chili. This afternoon I'll be doing some laundry.

All stay safe.

Tom