The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning good friends, temps this week are kind of brutal. We're talking 110 up to 117 (depending on whose forecast you believe), for the rest of this week and into next week. Even AccuWeather doesn't show any chance of rain for a while, most don't show any until the week after next. But this is our "monsoon" season, and we could create a late afternoon storm at any time, nice and calm one minute, wind, dust, rain and sometimes even hail to very next minute.

We have Alexa throughout the house and bought an "Echo Connect" so we can call 911 through it and they'd know who's calling. Our Echo Connect stopped finding our network a few days ago and we've tried every procedure we can find to get it to do so. After two hours with Amazon chat, I find that Amazon has pulled that product from the market and will not support it. If it's in warranty, they'll give you a refund, but you can't even send it back and pay for repairs, that's how much confidence they have in that device. The offered me a discount on any other Echo device, but none have the same function that we need, and besides, if they won't support the one product, who knows when they'll stop supporting others that were faulty and their don't want to spend the money to make things right for their customers. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their Echo systems....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning.  78 and cloudy with 90% humidity.  Hope we get rain.  Eggos for breakfast with real maple syrup. 

Goffing off and resting from yesterday's workout.  8,500 steps. 

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good afternoon folks

It is 81 heading to 86. It is very muggy out there.

I have to go out in the sweatshop sometime today. I need to trim some branches off the weeping cherry tree.

Last night I had to repair a door on a SEPTA Horizon Commuter Cab Car I just recieved in the mail. No biggie to fix, just took some glue. I have a MDC/Roundhouse that I custom painted for Lehigh & New England. One of the ladders fell off and disappeared into the black hole that exists under the layout. I have not been able to fix since I have no replacement ladder. So last night while I was looking for something else I came across the caboose. I picked it up and looked at lamenting that I could not repair it. Then it hit me, I have another MDC/Roundhouse caboose that is damaged and cannot be repaired. That caboose has two ladders that are not being used. Took a ladder of the broken one and placed in on the LNE one. Problem solved. Of course it only took me seven months to come up with a solution that was right there in front of me all the time.

Not sure what modeling will get done today.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 74 at the moment with a predicted high in the mid 80s and a 50% chance of rain so I may (or may not) get some much needed rain today.

Yesterday was a little different from what I planned. Went to the gym and all the lanes in the pool were full to the point that some lanes were doubled up. I've never seen that before. I did resistance and treadmill instead. After that I stopped at the grocery store for staples - milk, bread, eggs, and a couple other items. By the time I got home it was already in the upper 80s so no bike ride.

This morning I'll go for a ride and otherwise goof off. I may be able to shut the a/c off for a few days.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Good morning all, was watching the 11:00AM news, it was well over 100 by that time. I think it did get up to 110, maybe higher in some places. The cause, the TV lady's weather map showed the humongous "H" hoovering over our state. I looked outside, but didn't see it, perhaps it was transparent. The same went for those squiggly lines they show, all I saw were contrails and a few pigeons on a bomb run, heading for our vehicle. Eek 

Went to get our annual physicals yesterday. While waiting to get called, a guy came over with a sales pitch. Our doctor has a huge machine in the waiting room, just full of pills. The guy would have liked us to switch from going to the drug store, to getting our medications from his machine. No thanks, I told him we have a good relationship with the folks at the Walmart pharmacy, don't need to start one with a machine. Besides, we can shop for groceries at the same time at Walmart, I just hope our doctor doesn't start carrying a line of groceries too.... Waiting

Gunna try to stay inside today, maybe get some wiring done on my control panel.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
81/93 for today. Since our body's are use to winter this is hot weather for us. No breeze, hard to breath. 
The doctor has to be in on the take to allow a pill machine in his office. I don't blame you for telling the guy No Thanks.
Except for our needs, we have been staying home. For us old people it's risky trying to be part of the world we knew.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Morning.  83 and 81% humidity.  No rain that the guessers said we would get.  Will probably start watering.  

New CPA [young lady] suppose to have taxes ready today or tomorrow.  We will see if she earns her money. 

Feed produce boxes early tomorrow.

Hope all do OK.
Dayle went out about 7:00 this morning to get her walk in before it heated up too much. Apparently it was already too hot. (We have different operating hours -- she's been in bed for an hour already). She was back about the time I got out of bed.
I looked at a car today that I assembled in the 60s -- K's GWR autocoach -- which is falling to part. It's cast metal and I don't know what it was assembled with. The glue looks like it might be epoxy or plastic cement and there are bits filled with what might be that sticky stuff that we used to roll between the fingers to hang posters with. The one end pulled off and the roof was off. The cement could be detached with a knife. I do know that the paint was Floquil Great Western Chocolate and Cream.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning everyone, another Friday and another weekend approaches. Temps are high and going to get into the record-breaking range. Gotta stay indoors. Yeah, I did manage to get started on wiring my control panel yesterday, maybe I can do some  more today.

Pat (Duffy) and his family are heading up to Sedona for a few days of R&R. Beautiful country up there and a lot cooler too.

Our governor had a press conference yesterday, big announcement, well, not really, only facts and figures and what they hope to do, no real changes. The gym owners lost their appeal and have to close, restaurants are now required to hold "less than 50% capacity", and that's about all the changes.... Still no general order about masks, leave it up to the local governments he says... Still, I see very few people not using masks since most businesses and medical offices all have signs on their doors requiring masks before entering.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 67 headed for sunny and 89 today. I did get some rain yesterday but it was less than a quarter inch.

That rain occurred during the last part of my bike ride. It wasn't a heavy rain so not that big of a deal except for the part where it started to thunder while I was on a very exposed part of the ride. Felt better when I got around several trees and houses.

Nothing on the agenda for today other than a trip to the gym and maybe a bike ride if it doesn't get too hot.

All stay safe.

Tom

Delivered 225 produce boxes to low income trailer parks.  Hot and humid.  Did get a small shower yesterday afternoon as I finished watering back gardens.  Every little bit helps. 

Resting up today.  Pickup taxes this afternoon late.  Getting big refund sort of.  A lot of what I paid in quarterly.  New CPA.  Charges more but does advisory for a year.  Does her job well.

Later.
Greetings, gang.

Hazy and 69 this morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Today's sunny high should be in the low to mid 80s. Looks to be another nice day.

Not much happened yesterday other than my trip to the gym. Cleaned and oiled the chain on the bike and found out the chain had jumped a sprocket. Got the chain back on the correct sprocket and all is well.

Got a call from my younger daughter last night. Seems her son is going on vacation with his girlfriends family. His dad is bring him to their house about a half hour east of me. Then son-in-law will spend the evening with me and drive back to Rapid City in the morning.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all. another hot day in Paradise. Forecasts show somewhere between 115 and 117 for this weekend, then cooling down, maybe go below 110 for a few days. Rain is so far out on the forecast that I won't believe they can even guess that far out.

Not much else going on, may have the lawn guy show up today. Was suppose to stop by yesterday, he was next to us at a stoplight on US60, said he would, but I don't blame him for not wanting to pick weeds when it was 111 by the time he was suppose to be here.

Still slowly getting the wiring done on my control panel. Been a while since I did something like that. My wife used to be a top-notch solderer, she built some really large security displays and panels and some complex circuit boards when we had our business, but she hasn't touched a soldering iron in close to 20 years now. Now is not a good time to ask.... Nope

Take care and have a great weekend, and remember, today is the last day of our auction, that 1934 book of MRR is still up for grabs, we still need to meet the reserve though, so consider bidding if you want to help Big Blue. If you just want to donate, that's fine too, just look at the bottom of any page here and press the "donate" button.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning.  Hot and humid.  Errands and go with Wifey to FIL's house to work inside.  Be glad when they sell that place. 

Hope all are OK.

Tom, national NBC news had thing on bike shortage.  Why is there a coin shortage??

Have a good one.
Hello Blue
A little much needed rain overnight left us with drier cooler weather this morning. 
Nothing going on because of the China virus. 
We have been sitting on the porch late evenings and have noticed that it's already getting dark earlier. sigh
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)