The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

See yesterday's forecast.

Quiet around here yesterday morning. I did get a bunch of paperwork cleaned up from my desk yesterday morning. In the afternoon I went for a bike ride and then cleaned the chain on my bike. After supper I got a call from my grandson. He bought a new router and was having trouble getting it to work. After we got it running we walked outside. Clear night, rural are - yeah, we watched the starts for a while. I pointed out the Milky Way to him. He had seen it but always thought it was just a line of clouds. Good times.

This morning I'm headed to a couple for grocery stores. This afternoon will probably be another bike ride.

Continuing prayers for all those in the path of the storm.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
9/11---a day of reflection and hope that one day there may be peace on earth
Morning all.  Watching guessers.  Seems Florence has weakened some overnight.  Guessers are so sad.  No joke.  They will be upset if it does not intensify.  Now if you can understand their forecasted track, seems the Yanks may be doing me a favor.  Comes inland and slows to a crawl [not good for the southeastern NC].  Reach here Sunday at 30mph winds.  Crazy forecasting from biggie TV station.  Now tracks have it going south of Raleigh, going way south of Raleigh or looping and going up east into VA.  Who knows. :confused: 

Headed east as soon as the freight truck delivers deer stand to Fred's.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good morning, yeah Frank, I can see why you're confused. I was watching the local news a bit ago and they said it might hit as a category 5, then went to the map where it showed being downgraded to category 3. Crazy And these people get paid good money for doing this. I just can't wait to see some reported wearing rain slicks getting blown away and telling us how dumb people are for not heeding the evacuation order. 35 Regardless, our prayers are for those in the storm's path and that it really will be downgraded.

As for here in Arizona, we're still looking at temps in the 107 range, low humidity and dew points says that there's not a chance of rain for a while.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
(09-11-2018, 06:28 AM)cn nutbar Wrote: 9/11---a day of reflection and hope that one day there may be peace on earth
Amen to that. We've been watching the tributes today and it struck me, that was 18 years ago, so many young people on this earth that weren't born yet and may not understand the significance of what happened that day.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Another sunny day under way. Right now it's 68 headed for a high in the low 80s. Biggest project yesterday was to put a new battery in the speedometer on my bike. I'll be checking its accuracy shortly.

No other plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Morning.  Clearing out hunting shows DVR's.  Seems there is more commercials than hunting.  Why I DVR.  Fast forward through.   

Seems Florence is going to track south of us.  NC lower coast will really get it.  Will take 24 hours to move.  Not good for them.  Constant beating and rain.  Big storm so we are forecasted 40 mph winds and lots of rain.  If folks would stop topping off their vehicles and causing lines.  Unbelievable.

Have a good one.
Good morning everyone, our prayers are still for those in the path of Florence, let's hope the forecasters are wrong, even just a little bit and it weakens before landfall. The Red Cross and other emergency personnel are on their way from Arizona. The local news showed them loading trailer trucks full of supplies and equipment. I'm sure they're coming from all over the country as well.

On the local scene, we're still looking at temps around 105+ for a while yet. Dry and hot at least through next week.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 63 at the moment with a predicted partly cloudy high of about 80 with winds gusting up to about 25 mph.

Yesterday was not as successful as I had hoped. The new battery did not cure the problem with the bike speedometer. Not completely surprising as it is at least 10 years old. Tried finding a new speedometer at Dunhams. No such luck. This weekend I'm going to Sioux Falls so I should be able to find one at Scheels.

Nothing major on tap for today other than watching the people putting a new gas line down the alley behind my house.

Continuing prayers for those in the path of the storm.All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning, it looks like Florence is being downgraded to a cat 2, but still very dangerous. Prayers for those affected and for those that are there to render help when needed.

Not much going on here, it was kind of cool when we went out for breakfast, in the high 70's, cool when you're used to triple digits.

Going through my recovered structures and fixing the easy ones and a few that mean the most. Still have more to unpack.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Hello Blue
Some nice days this week in the 70s.
Signs of fall can be seen on the plants and trees...Sigh, summer is so short.
No train news, first club meet of the new season will be on the 15th but I will not be attending this one.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 67 at the moment with a predicted high of about 85.

Fairly quiet day again yesterday. Today is laundry and packing for the weekend trip to Sioux Falls for grandson's hockey tournament. On Sunday evening I'll pick up lady friend from airport. She's coming back from a family reunion in Colorado. I'll drive home either Monday afternoon or Tuesday.

Hope Frank, RT and all others in the path of the storm are safe.

All stay safe.

Tom

Well, here we are going into yet another weekend. Hot and dry here with forecasts close to the 110 mark. It's hard to believe that we're just a few days away from the first day of Fall. We may not break any records, but today should be our 115th day this year of triple-digit temps with more of them in the forecast.

Folks on the east coast are getting hit hard right now. Our prayers are for them all.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Breezy to some good gusts.  Not a lot of rain.  OK as long as keep power.  Folks on coast getting it bad.  Turn into SC will go over RT.  Sitting and watching TV.  Have a good one.
Morning.  Breakfast casserole and coffee.  Breezy and no rain right now.  Some big rains south of us.  Flooded areas including I40 between here and Wilmington.  Deems folks are getting out down there and seeing what has happened.  New Bern [not near the eye] got it bad.  Wind blew water up the river and flooded the town.  Good Lord looked after us.  Dropped power for about 12 minutes one time and them later, one minute.  Duke rep text me transmission line problem.  Had bad breaker.  Fixed.  Did knockout 5 towns and part of Raleigh.  Mostly little limbs and lots of leaves everywhere.  Fine with me as no big limbs or trees down.  Hope it moves on out and clears out.