The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, the rain stopped yesterday morning, they said it would be hit and miss the rest of the day, we got missed. Still, we got between a third and a half of an inch the past few days, still close to an inch short of where we should be this time of the year.

Getting ready to go target shooting tomorrow. Not sure where we'll be able to go since Bill Gates' company bought up that land where we used to go shooting and posted it. There is another area, about a mile long that I checked out a few weeks ago. Way too many people shooting there (in the hundreds), just about elbow to elbow. To be sure, a week later, a woman was shot there and they haven't a clue as to who's stray bullet did the deed. No, we won't go there, but we did find another Hildy-hole that we shot at last time. The only downside is that it is still on the land that Bill Gates bought and could be posted by now. The more shooting areas they shut down, the more crowded the few left will be and the more chances of someone else getting hit by accident. Lots of flat land around, but if you can't shoot against a hill or a berm, you shouldn't be shooting at all, and that's the problem, many do it anyway.... 35
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Morning all. Tom, only 75 degrees right now. Its February. !!!!!!!

Grapevines pruned yesterday afternoon late. Town stuff today.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Hello Blue
35 degrees today. Yesterday's 50 melted about 10 inches of snow. All that's left is a little ground cover.
That much snow melt all at once kept the sump pump running about every 2 minutes all day. Of course I'm very happy that it did the job.
No train news lately.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Morning. Chilly [30 degrees cooler than yesterday this time] and rainy. Not much on agenda. Mid afternoon meal with youngest SIL and her hubby. Train Box.

Have a good one.
Did lots of wiring cutoff switches to sidings. Never had done. Now power them up as needed. Did get interrupted. Wifey wanted to go to Red Robin. With two burgers, two Diet Cokes and endless fries, $5 tip, bill was $20. 50% off one burger and Vet discount. Rainy and chilly. Goodnight all.
Good morning all, well, yesterday turned out OK. We did find the hidy-hole that we used last time to target shoot at. As I said before, one of Bill Gates' companies bought bunches of acres for bunches of bucks out there and I was thinking that this was part of his land so it would be posted by now, but it was a good mile outside the property that he's got slated for a large Utopian city and it wasn't posted. The only junk around was some very large tires, it didn't look like anyone was shooting there since we did last time, and it would be hard to tell we were there since we take back all our targets and most of the brass that we can. Lots of shooters are too lazy to clean up after themselves and that's why more and more land is getting posted to target shooters. Temps were in the low 70's and a bit cloudy so that made for a nice morning of shooting as well.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning. Sunny and 60. What a difference a day makes in NC. Forecasted record high this week.

Got a lot of wiring done in Train Box yesterday. Did cutoff switches for sidings. No only powered when I turn switches on.

Middle finger to CBS. Ran a segment on "antis" blaming Congress and President on not preventing Fl. shooting. Wanting gun control. Do agree on background checks. Seem they forgot FBI screwed this one.
Weather forecast was absolut misleading. After some snow on Saturday was constant snow from Monday thru Friday in the forecast. My wife has some appointments and does not like driving in snow and I was preparing to be the driver. The current forecast shows no snow the entire week. That makes me jobless and I can do another trip to the junkyard. My station car is full again....
Reinhard
Good morning all, it's Presidents Day today, most government employees are off, schools are closed and there's no mail delivery or garbage pickup. I just wonder, we are accumulating more and more holidays and just how significant some of them are anymore. Just thinking out loud....

The forecast called for a 20% chance of rain last night and this morning. So far we are on the 80% side of that forecast. A bit chilly out, in the low 40's this week, but it's still going to get into the 70's later today. Spring Training is in full swing today, full teams have arrived and they will start playing games in about 10 days. There have been people standing outside the practice fields for the past few weeks, some are watching batting practice, others are positioned where they can't see anything, but are waiting (some with baseball gloves on) for a ball to come over the fence and catch it. Maybe it's a souvenir, maybe if the bring the ball back, they'll let them inside for free... Don't know, don't really care....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Not a pleasant morning in the remote reaches of northern Iowa. Right now it's 28 degrees with freezing drizzle. Streets, sidewalks, cars, trees, wires, and people are covered with a nice layer of ice. Traffic is actually moving at a safe pace. People are slowing down for the uncontrolled intersections. More ice predicted for tonight. Sure glad I don't have to go anywhere.

Back home from South Dakota. Grandson's team won both hockey games quite easily. First one was 7-1 and the second one was 6-3. Then I got a call from older daughter on Sunday morning. Her father-in-law had passed away overnight. We knew it was coming. Funeral tentatively set for Friday.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 21 this morning and that's pretty much going to be the high for today. Had thunder and lightning this morning about 1:30. There is something white on the ground but I don't think it's snow. The paperboy didn't leave footprints in it. I have a nasty suspicion is sleet which could make for some work to get it cleaned up.

Got the laundry caught up yesterday and that's about it. May go to the grocery store this morning or maybe just wait until tomorrow when the roads are better.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
I crawled under the old layout and removed all kind of electric stuff and switch motors etc for about two hour. That was a shocking demonstration of lack of physical fitness. I need a remarkable time on the sofa and felt asleep immediately. Not a real problem for a retiree but I am rethinking and stretching my planned installation of the new layout. It is not realistic to crawl a long time on the floor and install multiple pieces of equipment overhead. Much more breaks than expected will ne required.
Anyhow, I am still happy to be (old and) retired!
Reinhard
Reinhard, growing old sucks, but it beats any alternative to that. If I were to crawl under a layout, I'd probably just have to stay there. One thing I did on my old layout was to mount it on a door with a hing. I just swung it up to get to the wiring, plus it gave me extra storage space underneath.

It must have sprinkle a bit last night, spots on the windshield this morning. Cold, suppose to be in the 30's in some areas, gunna be that way for a few more days. Rain in the forecast for Friday. Snow up north, like 17" up in the Flagstaff area.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Foggy and 61 degrees. Some school systems on delay. I see some in the mid west are in for some bad stuff. Hope it is not as bad as forecasted.

Had a real busy day yesterday. Not much until 5:30 today.

Staying warm all week per weather guessers.

Have a good one.
Hello Blue
Oh boy we have rain and lot's of it, about 3 days worth.
An expected high today is 62 almost double the average temp for this time of year.
Big train show coming up this weekend but that's about it since our favorite train store closed due to the death of the owner last year.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)