The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, no rain, really cold though by our standards. Just made it to 60 yesterday, right now the low is 39. We're running about 15 degrees below normal, but regardless, no snow and it will be warmer in a few days.

Well, the BLM closed that large shooting area where that woman got shot. Lots of people will now scatter to wherever they can find a place to shoot and lots of them will just continue to leave their trash behind. Soon, the only place to shoot will be the few formal ranges they have around here, and it's just not fun shooting there. Will they open that area again? They say they will, they just don't say when....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

21, cloudy and light snow this morning outside my window. High for today is supposed to be in the upper 20s with more snow. So far there is about 6 inches of "less than an inch" of snow to be removed. Gotta love the NWS.

Depending on the road conditions I may have to go to a town about an hour west tonight and again tomorrow. Daughter's father-in-law passed away. Visitation tonight and services tomorrow.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Morning all. 51 degrees in February. Bet that changes before spring.

Off to farms down east. Unwind and do a work day.

Tom, is this the trip to see you know who weekend? Wink

Seems good not to have meetings all day and night. Busy tomorrow afternoon and night. Oh well.

Have a good one.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 24 right now headed for sunny and 27. Had another inch or so of snow overnight. No time to shovel this morning. Have to get ready to attend a funeral for daughter's father-in-law. Was supposed to go to visitation last evening but weather was too nasty. Funeral today. Winter storm tomorrow with 4-6 inches of snow.

Frank - lady friend was planning to come here for the funeral but weather would not cooperate.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning folks, start of yet another weekend. For us, a bit chilly one with rain in the forecast for today and again later in the coming week. No guarantees as usual, 20-30% so if it rains, they're right and if it doesn't, they still got it right.

Is anyone still having problems getting onto Big Blue after we made the change to a secure site? A few have problems with your browser telling you that this is not a safe site, and one person had problems with it constantly bringing them to the login screen, even though they were logged in. Packey and I are both trying to duplicate these issues with different browsers but so far have not been able to. Packey thinks it's an issue with the SSL certificates, but we can't verify that. Anyway, let us know if you are having any of these problems, or any other ones....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and foggy outside my window this morning. Right now it's 14 degrees headed for a high of about 30, so sayeth the National Weather Service. Our winter storm watch has been dialed back to a winter weather advisory. Now we're only supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow, sleet, and freezing rain. All in all it's not going to be a nice day.

Went to my 6th funeral in 3 years yesterday, all either family or close friends. Getting really tired if it.

This morning I've already been out and about. Tried to get the car washed but it wouldn't take my money. May have it shut off due to temperature. Also went to Walmart to stock up on a few things. Only other projects for today are to make a pot of chili and remove snow as necessary.

Prayers for those in need.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, yup, it's Saturday and darn right cold. Temps in the 30's around town, pushing single-digits up north, lots of wind too. Highs around the 60's until late in the coming week, then things get back to normal. I don't see signs of rain, it did sprinkle a bit yesterday, but no more than a few dots on the cement. Good thing too since Spring Training games began yesterday.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning. Went to farms yesterday and walked 4.2 miles [mostly in the woods]. Got a few briar scratches. 79 degrees out. Yes, in February. Eek

Tom, we got to fix your weather. Got to get her to you. Wink

Busy this Afternoon and evening.

Got Fox Sterlingworth double back from gunsmith. Immaculate condition.

Have a good one.
Good morning everyone, still a bit chilly here, lows in the 30's, highs still in the 60's for a few more days. Not that we mind, 110+ temps are not that far away.

About Spring Training, I see people standing on the sidewalks around the stadium trying to get a glimpse of them practicing. There are 12 practice fields, 2 smaller infield fields and one game field at Surprise Stadium. Two teams practice there and only a few of the practice field fences are low enough to see anything over. Maybe they don't allow fans in to see them practicing, but there are bleachers set up, so I don't know. I know that they do charge to see the games, between $11 and $73, I think the outfield grass is about $5. Still, I guess the "knothole gang" has the thrill of watching practice for free. Then there's the group with gloves on waiting to catch a fly ball over the fence.... Crazy
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and 14 headed for the low 30s today after yesterday's non-snow. Originally predicted for up to 6 inches. Got maybe a half inch.

Watched my grandson's hockey tournament on line last night. Heart-breaking loss in overtime. Final game is today at 2 PM. No other plans for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Sunday School, restaurant and Wallyworld [worst place in world]. Got tomato plants in so will get some this week. Repot and put in greenhouse. Restored Fox Sterlingworth 12 ga. shotgun according to serial number is 1928 make.

Later.
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 15 right now headed for a high in the low 40s. The fine folks at the NWS are promising highs near or above 40 for the entire week. We should be getting rid of a lot of snow this week.

Watched grandson's final hockey game of the season on line yesterday afternoon. They lost 4-2. Finished 4th in the state tournament. Grandson was down on the ice for about a minute after taking a nasty hit. Talked to his mom afterwards. He is fine. Doc said he will be a little sore today but otherwise ok. Also worked on getting some of the ice off the sidewalks. Over an inch thick in places. Will work on that more this afternoon as the weather warms.

On tap for this morning is a trip to the gym.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everyone, the start of yet another workweek for a lot of folks, but just another day for those of us that are old enough, or rich enough to forego the rush drive to work. Most of us are in the first category, including myself and many of us would rather either be back working, or be in the second category....

Temps are still a bit chilly, I'm confused about the rain forecast, I've seen it from 20% to 100% rain for the next two day, but the one that shows "100% precipitations", also shows it to be "sunny" on those days as well...... :?
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning. 58 degrees and rainy. Busy schedule. Tomorrow farms again and hope Fred doesn't forget the portable saw.

Tom, it is about time you went to see that special person. Now get with it. Wink

Have a good one.
Morning. Big change from yesterday. 39 degrees out but warming into the 60's. Off to the farms down east.