The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, and a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all. Yesterday was still a bit windy, but it did hit 80 in parts of the valley including here in Surprise. That's the forecast for the next few days, then we go back into the 70's with good chances of rain. Drove past the "Irish Wolfhound" restaurant yesterday, huge tents in the parking lot to accommodate the hordes of Irish wannabees. My wife and kids are all part Irish, me, I pretend as usual. We will have our corned beef and cabbage today and maybe watch, "Darby O'gill and the Little People". There's nothing wrong with being Irish one day a year, so enjoy the day. 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Top of the morning to ya. 50 and sunny.  Beautiful day out.  No rain for a week.  May go to the farms for a couple of days as drying out.  Farmers dishing fields and getting ready to plant.  Got about 30 minutes left on pruning grapevines.  Got tired and hungry late yesterday.  Got of ladder [doing the high parts now] and came inside.  Need to mow grass.  Don't like to do it on Sundays.  Old school I guess.

Have a good week ahead.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and 33 aiming for a high of about 40.

Got the laundry caught up and more stuff staged for the big trip. This morning I watched the F1 race which had a couple of surprises. Won't say anything for those who haven't watched it yet. This afternoon I need to change the oil on the car and install the new air and cabin filters.

Frank - I live across the street from a church and have always avoided noisy activities like mowing the lawn during the times when they are conducting services.. It's a matter of respect and courtesy - two things sorely lacking in today's world.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Greetings, gang.

Clear and 25 this morning headed for 42. Headed for the low 60s by the weekend.

Got the oil changed yesterday afternoon and forgot all about putting in the new air filters. I'll do that today along with going to the bank and gassing up the car. Heading out in the morning and participation over the next couple of weeks may be somewhat spotty.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all, gunna be a nice day this was, I kind of shudder when I see all the flooding and bad weather in other parts of the country. No doubt, this is why people come this way during the winter months, and high-tail it back home when it starts to get hot. Yeah, we do have snow up in northern Arizona, enough that the Snow Bowl up near Flagstaff is extending their skiing season. There have been years that they've shut down as early as January, but not this year.

Today, we're heading out into the desert for a bit of target shooting. It looks like one of our favorite spots is now open again. One of Bill Gate's companies bought thousands of acres to build a high tech utopian city and where we used to shoot got posted. A few weeks ago, we drove by and all the signs were down, so we're going back today. Just wondering if the sale fell through, or has he opened his heart to let shooters come back. Let's just hope that people clean up there before they leave, one of the main reasons that sites get posted is the trash some people leave behind. Sometimes groups of shooters organize cleanups, but they shouldn't have to if everyone took out what they brought in. We not only pick up all our targets, but also as much brass as we can. Enough lecturing, just that there's less and less clean land around us and it's upsetting to see piles of trash (and garbage) that people have left behind, or purposely dumped to save taking it to a landfill.

Tom, have a safe and fun-filled trip.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning.  56 and sunny.  Beautiful day.  Busy day and night.

Tom, finally got new filter in Wifey's CRV.  Pain to do.  Have to remove some of air intake hose to get lid off and on.  Stuck it backside of right of engine near firewall.  4 Runner and Chevy pickup easy.  Replaced them a couple of weeks ago.  Pine pollen will probably have to be cleaned out of them by June.

Grapevines finished and one of our friends came over.  Wifey and her made lots of wreathes.

Have a good one.
Hello Blue
We have sun and 40s. Looks like a nice week acommin.
I never mow on Sunday, It should be a day of peace and quiet.
No train news except for the passing of a well know DCS 3railer.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Good morning all. Beautiful day yesterday, temps in the low 80's, very little wind. Ideal for going out into the desert to target shoot, which is what we did.... Got to shoot in our old area, don't know what happened, but they removed all the "no shooting" signs and people are back. Just that a few leave messes behind, it only takes a few minutes to clean things up before you leave. Anyway, we had an enjoyable time and got a bit of sunburn in the process.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning.  47 and climbing fast.  Beautiful day.  Had frost on the freshly disked field behind the house.  Mow grass and cleanup yard.  Town Board tonight.

DAZ, glad you got your shooting area back.  Hope it "holds".

Tom, guess all OK in your area.

SJ, has the snow melted in the north? 

Have a good one.
Good morning all, and welcome to Spring. Well, the Vernal Equinox won't happen until sometime later today for us here in the US and Canada, but today's the day for 50/50 days and nights. I know, it's still snowing in some areas and lots of flooding in others so it doesn't seem like Spring.  I don't know what we can do to help, other than pray for these folks and stay out of the way. I just wonder sometimes if sending all those newscasters to these areas help, or do they add to the problem by coming there.... Just another old man observation....

Yeah Frank, we do have our old shooting area back, but it really ticks me off when I look around at someone else's mess. Two spots were littered with broken florescent red clay targets and hundreds of shotgun hulls. You want to shoot clay targets, than go to the trap range, it's cleaner and actually more fun and challenging even if it costs a few dollars a round. But, if you're out where we go, then take ten or fifteen minutes and clean up after yourself before the property owners get upset again. Oh, and those that are using the area as a city dump, shame on you for driving all this way just to avoid paying the landfill charges. Waiting That's my grunt for today, the first day of Spring....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

Partly cloudy and 33 in Lake Placid this morning. High for today near 40 again. 8" of snow predicted for Thur night /Friday.

Two hard days of driving. Got here about 5 yesterday afternoon. Been laughing ever since. Last night grandson and I went down by the lake to get some pictures of the full moon. No sightings of Betty White or the alligator. For those scratching your heads Google the movie Lake Placid (which incidentally was filmed in Maine).

Events start this afternoon. Tourist stuff this morning. All quiet in the room so far this morning (except for daughter who is snoring up a storm).

Frank - only some minor flooding around the river back home. No worries.

Prayers for the good folks in Nebraska (both my wife and I were born there).

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning everyone, a wet one for us. Rain in the forecast for last night and today, and they nailed it. Temps in the low 70's to today and tomorrow, but back into the 80's after that. One TV weather gal even mentioned 89 or possibly even 90 for Tuesday. And yes, my heart goes out to those folks in the flooding and tornado areas. I can't comprehend what it would be like to lose everything that way, I wish them all the best and add a few prayers as well.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Chilly rain at 46 degrees [doesn't fell that warm].  Got a ribbon cutting at noon followed by Human Services committee I'm chair of.  Hope to be home tonight for a change.  Been too busy this week and it was pretty until yesterday.  Missed out on good days and chores and farm.

Hope all OK.
lHello Blue
Temps in the 40s about normal for March here.
I have no big news but I do like to check in from time to time.
I did some train running today, all went well, no issues.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Waiting for Saturday to go to the York East Coast Large Scale train meet. Hoping to pick up some bargains.
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???