The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #VIII.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Cloudy and cool at 38 this morning. High for today is only supposed to be in the mid 40s but at least there's no wind like yesterday.

Got the laundry caught up and did some house cleaning. Started watching the game at 6:30 and quit before 8. We got spanked quite thoroughly. On tap for today is more fall cleaning. When the weather warms this week I'll start doing some outside cleaning - windows, etc.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Back from Church.  Wifey took Norwix products to Daughter afterwards.  Wifey doesn't pay for gas.  Raining finally. 

A control burn close to farm Friday and early Saturday.  Smoked the woods bad.  4 pointer and does in the morning.  Bigger buck with what looked like nice rack was 350 to 400 yds. out.  So smoky, couldn't see good.  6 does under stand yesterday afternoon late.  Was hot [84 degrees]. 

Resting up today.
TCA 05-58541   American Legion  NRA  Retired Mayor of Rolesville NC
Good afternoon, barely, been a lazy weekend, got a few things done in the train room yesterday, that's about it. Now that the temps are below 100, the weeds are starting to show. Got to attend to those before the HOA patrol guy spots them and we get a notice. Lots of others in the neighborhood as well, but the HOA can turn a fair profit if we don't pay attention. $25 fine for the first offense, $50 more if it's not clear when they come back, and it'll keep going up after that. Don't pay the fine and they can put a lien on your property and cause a foreclosure. It's been done for a few hundred bucks, putting families on the street. Ya gotta love those neighbors that run those HOA's.... Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Greetings, gang.

Sunny and cool this morning. 43 right now after a low of 27. High is supposed to be in the upper 50s.

Busy morning. I've already been to the yard waste disposal site, Menards, and Walmart. Skipped the gym but I'll go for a bike ride this afternoon. Next up is to put gliders on the bottom of the dining room table and chairs. My Fair Lady wanted felt pads but they sucked the oils out of the floor, leaving dull spots.

All stay safe.

Tom

Good morning all. Kinda mid-morning, been busy doing a few things around the house. Got time later to spend in the train room. Still sorting things out. Was thinking about getting a wallpaper mural for a backdrop. That is, until I checked out a few web sites and found they range in the $250 to over $1000. Decided I need to make my own like I did before. Much better self-worth feeling to doing it like that anyway even if it doesn't look as good....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
This was what we did today and that's Dayle in front of me.

Waterloo Central was running steam today and did a runpast.

I have a bit of video but no idea how to post it.

#9 is ex-Essex Terminal Railway MLW 1923.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Good morning all, wide spread temps right now, probably 100 degrees or so. Sub-zero temps (so it feels to us) in the AM, mid-90's late afternoon. Actually, these days are great, not quite jacket weather and still see people walking around in shorts and flip-flops. It's just that I wish I could turn off the A/C and leave the furnace off as well for a few days...

Today is the last day of the HO anniversary car auction, don't let this one get away from you.....

David, your best bet for posting a video is to put it on someplace like You Tube and post a link to it.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Greetings, gang.

47 and partly cloudy this morning. Later today the temperature will climb to a blistering 51 aided by 35+ mph winds. Not the prettiest day of the week.

Productive day yesterday. Got all my errands run and put the new gliders on the dining room chairs. Nothing very ambitious planned for today.

All stay safe.

Tom

Hello Blue
Sun and 35 this morning. Our first frost although it was lite frost just the same.
Our Sat. club meet was well attended with a full basement of toy train nuts.
S.J.
TCA.....Detroit3Railers.....Glancy modular layout(Detroit historical Society)
Afternoon.  Been resting up today.  Slept late.  Town board work session tonight.  Errands this afternoon.  

After the rain, turned cooler.  Rain again tonight thru until early tomorrow.  Cooler.  [finally]

Have a good one.
Good morning all. It's starting to feel a bit like fall, temps right now in the mid-60's heading to the mid-90's later today. The rest of the forecast shows temps bouncing around 90 without a drop of rain.

Been checking weed growth in the front and back yards all summer, not much but enough now to pay attention. Somehow though, I didn't notice what was going on in the side yards, they look like jungles. I guess they are in the shade a lot and were able to propagate just like they do all winter. Yard guy is due here early this morning.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Morning.  Lazy one again.  Raining. Icon_e_biggrin   One meeting late this afternoon and dinner at Church member's house.  Enjoying the lazy times for a change. 

Enjoy.
With a limited amount of time available, I don't normally post in this thread, so I hope that you folks will forgive me for this intrusion.

Big Blue recently completed a number of auctions in support of this Forum.  The responses were from the usual Members - thank you to them for their participation!

I understand that the amounts offered are beyond the range of what many of us could afford, and perhaps the items being offered aren't of any interest to the majority of us.  As a participant in the creation of some of those items, I am not at all offended by anybody's disinterest in bidding on stuff they don't need, don't want, or can't afford.

However, I am very disappointed that Don and Mikey have to shoulder the cost of this venue almost completely on their own.  If every member were to contribute $1.00 per year to this cause, the future of Big Blue would be much more secure than is currently the situation...one lousy buck!!!

A dollar to share you accomplishments, to see the accomplishments of others, to learn how to do something about which you would otherwise know nothing.  Even just to come here and tell others about your local weather or some interesting thing that occurred.

I know that all of the people listed as Members aren't necessarily participating Members - many have not posted even once.  But (at the risk of sounding like those folks on PBS always asking you to donate) if all of you who bother to read this rant click that button at the bottom of the screen and contribute a dollar, it would help keep this site alive, with no ads, and only the annoying auctions to otherwise disturb your activity here.

Perhaps Don can set up one more auction for us:  Bid a buck, and back Big Blue!

Wayne
Good morning , 
       Rain and near 50 degrees here. 
I won the auction but was disappointed by the lack of bids. I agree with Wayne, Mikey and Don should not have to shoulder the burden alone. 
Unlike most of you, this is the only railroad forum I contribute to. I like the people and I like the format.  
I am saddened by the loss of so many regular members over the last 5 years, some had no choice, others just disappeared.  I have been in contact with a few of them and have seen a couple posts from one. 
       If you know folks that are still breathing and able to join now and then send them an email and let them know they are missed.  They can post on FB and still say hello here. 

Facebook has captured a lot of folks and I frequent it too because there are so many historical sites there and information is passed along that was never available anywhere else but it is not the same as my friends on Big Blue. 
Regards
Charlie
hi haven't been here for a bit as the honey do list is long did manage to clean up modeling room a bit but still have a ways to go .